Author Topic: COLLARD - Lydeard St Lawrence  (Read 2916 times)

Offline wundamum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
COLLARD - Lydeard St Lawrence
« on: Thursday 30 December 04 08:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

interested in hearing from anyone with Collards from Lydeard St Lawrence...

Sally

Offline leeds

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Collard
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 December 05 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sally

I see your are enquiring about the Collards from Lydeard St Lawrence. My Collard ancesters came from Lydeard St Lawrence. My gg grandfather was William Collard b.1800 wife Mary Pole, his father was William Collard b.1775 wife Mary Palmer, his father was Thomas Collard b.1738 wife Mary Chaplin, his father was Edward Collard b.1704 wife Mary Washer, his father was Edward Collard b.1666 wife unknown. How are you connected to the Collards from Lydeard St Lawrence.

Regards Brian

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 April 07 16:28 BST (UK) »
I have a comprehensive list of Collards of Milverton.  Could they be connected to both of yours, if so, I am willing to send you this.  My email address is:

MODERATOR COMMENT: email address removed to avoid spam and other abuses. Please use personal message system to share email addresses and other personal details. Thank You  

Regards Pauline
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

Offline leeds

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 April 07 12:30 BST (UK) »
Hello Pauline

My Collards originally came from Lydeard St Lawrence, then moved to West Bagborough, then lived Spaxton, Cannington, Charlinch, and Stogursey. In 1890 most of the family moved to Wigan in Lancashire. I don't know of any connection with Milverton, but you never know. Do any of the village names ring a bell with your Collards. They have removed your email address, so I cant get in touch except through this site.

Regards Brian

Offline hassle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: COLLARD - Lydeard St Lawrence
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 14 August 10 21:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Sally,
Are you related to the Wivilescombe Somerset Collards the piano manufacturers?
Anne Collard Kember

Offline Lentilsoup

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 25 September 10 10:06 BST (UK) »
Hi
Am trying to track relatives of Joseph Collard Baker b. 1815 in Milverton.  His father was Robert Baker born in Taunton 1793.  Robert married twice - Elizabeth ? who was Joseph's father and Ann Burnett.  Could it have been Elizabeth Collard?  Does this fit with any info you have regarding the Collards?  Robert and Joseph were both blacksmiths.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 25 September 10 14:26 BST (UK) »
For Lentilsoup.

Marriage Familysearch Pilot;
Robert BAKER
Elizabeth COLLARD, 10 February 1796, Wilton, Somerset
By marrying in 1796 I dont think Robert was born 1793 ;) Probably more like 1776.

FreeREG has these at Milverton to Robert/Elizabeth or Betty;
JOSEPH COLLARD Baker, Birth 09 Nov 1815, Christened 07 Jan 1816, St Michael, Milverton, Somerset, Parents ROBERT and ELIZABETH, Father Blacksmith
Other children you can check exact dates for yourself are (unless you already have them);
THOMAS 1800
SARAH, 1804
ELIZABETH 1807, birth 1802
JOHN HAWKS, 1807
MARY ANN, 1812
WILLIAM, 1812
JAMES, 1818
There could be other children born c 1796-1799 elsewhere in Somerset.

Also marriage of a Robert and Ann Burnett 1826 is on there also.

Cheers,
Trish :)

EDIT;
Burial from FreeREG;
Elizabeth BAKER, Age 49, (born c 1774) , 21 September 1823, St Michaels, Milverton, Somerset
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Lentilsoup

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 01 October 10 11:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you Trish
That has solved the mystery of why some have Collard as a middle name - beginning to think I wasn't going to find it!  Had some of those children etc.  Will look for more ............  Have Ann Burnett and their children.
Presumably Wilton is part of St Mary's Taunton.
Sue