Author Topic: PARR family of County Cavan  (Read 14441 times)

Offline Brat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PARR family of County Cavan
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 12 September 10 12:42 BST (UK) »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! John E., as you can read the last entries posted below your posting dated 20 Nov 09, it was believed you'd not be online again. What a relief to get a message that you've been back!

Did you read my post addressed to you 23 Aug 2010?

My father's name was John Edward Parr... and you can visit the "Proud to be Parr" website by doing an internet search. However, I will post the URL, but in case this forum won't allow URLs... you can search.

http://www.eparrs.com/ProudParr/

My 2xs great is Joseph Parr who married Jane Kennedy... and we have a Young Parr who married Charlotte Lawson. Young is thought to be (DNA matches too) Joseph's brother, however we have yet to find documented proof of this.

Hoping you'll be in touch,
Trish

Offline toeckes

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 April 12 03:26 BST (UK) »
I am searching for the Parrs of Cavan also.  I am looking for information for Jane Morrison Parr(born 1844 in Cavan), who married Rev. Samuel (Robinson) Adams of the Church of Ireland in 1868 in the Banbridge district.  She also had a brother, Edward Robinson Parr, born in Skeagh, Co. Cavan in 1843 . It looks like he left to England with his wife Louisa and was a Reverend for the Church of Ireland.  He lived in Norfolk in 1911. And died that same year in Eastbourne (Don't ask me why he was here).  The parents of these two were Samuel Parr and Mrs. Robinson. Family lore has it that when Jane's parents died that Samuel took her Jane's mother's name to get an inheritance.  In fact, Jane's son William was William Robinson, although their earlier children are recorded as Adams.  HMMM... All quite strange.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Marriott,  Clarke,  Jones,  Atwood,  Tilson, Brewin

Offline Brat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 April 12 16:41 BST (UK) »
Hi toeckes,

Have you reviewed the "Parr documents to share" that are posted at the Proud to be Parr website?

Several Parr families immigrated from County Cavan, Ireland, and some of their families are listed at this website. Many documents are being found by different researchers, some of which do not connect to our particular Parr family, thus the "Parr documents to share" so that other Parr researchers might have them.

Hope to see you there!

Trish

Offline toeckes

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 29 April 12 18:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks for  the tip.  I looked at the sight but no luck.  The Rev. Samuel Parr would be too old to be mine, but perhaps an ancestor as the Rev. streak did run in the family.  I will continue to poke around, as this summer I will be in Ireland and perhaps some of the centres in Dublin might have some clues. 

Offline Brat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 29 April 12 22:30 BST (UK) »
There is a Presbyterian church near Bailieboro, County Cavan, Ireland that has a lot of my Parr, Kennedy, McLaughlin, Bell families recorded, so hopefully you'll get lucky.

Should you find Parr records that are not yours, I hope you'll consider sharing them at the Proud to be Parr website in hope that another Parr might find them useful.

I've always wanted to make a trip to Ireland but one thing or another has always seemed to crop up, to the point of my having to cancel my trip. After the third time, I felt it was best to just let that dream go.

Do hope you have better luck in that regard than I had in the past and that your search is fruitful in every way.

Have heard Ireland is quite serene in May...

Offline toeckes

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 30 April 12 04:34 BST (UK) »
I'll do my best to get whatever Parr info they might have.

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 11 May 12 21:28 BST (UK) »
Parr (Cavan) bits & bobs;

Landed Estate Court Rentals in Land & Estates; 1850

Rev. Thomas Parr
Land or Holding; School house and Plantation cut down
Stat. measure; 1-3-5