Author Topic: Completed - Marriage (Lanchester? or Cornsay?) - Patrick Sands  (Read 6729 times)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Completed - Marriage (Lanchester? or Cornsay?) - Patrick Sands
« Reply #9 on: Friday 13 April 12 11:46 BST (UK) »
Hello and welcome to RootsChat

Marrianne Bowman hasn't been online since Dec 2007 - but you never know she may get notification of your post and reply

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Secretrayn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 13 April 12 12:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks ms. Suz because as soon as it registered a new reply I was able to check it out.  I haven't had much time recently and then lost all original rootschat info and accidently forgot about it.
Donna- I and my mom would LOVE to have any additional information you could offer as we sometimes find conflicting information. Again, anything you have we would love to have.

Marianne Bowman nee Hughes

Offline Donna Louise

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 14 April 12 04:05 BST (UK) »
Hi  Marianne
My name is Donna Gilchrest.  My mother was Florence Sands, daughter of Patrick James Sands.  Patrick was born August 1, 1884.  He was the son of Patrick Sands and Sarah Green.  Patrick and Sarah were married Jan. 30, 1876 in Durham, England.  I have a copy of the birth of Patrick Sands the son.  I also have a copy of the marriage certificate of Patrick and Sarah.  If you wish to write to me here is my address.  I would be happy to mail you a copy of these certificates.
The Patrick Sands that was born in 1884 married Hilda Mary Carlson in Lowell, Massachusetts, U.S.A. on July 28, 1915. He died July 5, 1950 on board the ship Britannic of pneumonia.  I have all the paperwork from the ship.  He was 66 when he died,  two years before I was born.  I never knew him. 
 I am looking for his parents birth records.  So far I have the names of James Sands wife unknown and  James and Mary Green possibly from Ireland. 
Looking forward to hearing from you. 

* Moderator Note: personal address removed in accordance with Rootschat policy. Please use PM (Personal Message) to exchange such information

Offline ssandimann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 09 November 12 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi people,
                 this may seem several months late but I've only just come across this website. Patrick Sands ( m Sarah Green 30 Jan 1876  at Our lady Queen of Martyrs, Newhouse) was my great great uncle, born at Hackballs Cross, Dundalk, Co Louth in 1853.
        I was aware that Patrick had emigrated as there is an entry confirming the Marriage in Lowell in the church baptism records. If you can let me have an email address I can send you a PDF chart or a Gedcom file if you have software.

Regards

John Sands
(based in London but we still have our family home in the village)

Offline Secretrayn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 09 November 12 16:50 GMT (UK) »
I know it was closed, but I am so glad that you still responded.  You could email me at (*) with any information you think I should have.  Patrick Sands married Hilda Carlson in Lowell and one of their sons Albert was my grandfather.

Marianne Bowman

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 09 November 12 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Ssandiman will need to make 2 more replies for the personal message system to work.  The administrator for this thread will probably remove your email address for spamming reasons.  Ssandiman needn't say much in a reply.  Either hit reply "by accident" with nothing in the space or say thank you--either will count as a reply.  I think you need 3 entries to do a personal message then you can exchange email addresses and say more personal things that you cannot on a general board.

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline ssandimann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 10 November 12 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Reply 1

Offline ssandimann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 10 November 12 12:12 GMT (UK) »
Reply 2

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 11 November 12 20:26 GMT (UK) »
ssandiman,

You can now click on the green scroll under the name of the one you want to contact that will open up a personal message place.  No one else will see the information.  Usually an email is generated notifying the person that someone has sent a personal message.

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------