Author Topic: Wright  (Read 8211 times)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Wright
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 29 November 07 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janis,

Michael earlier found a marriage for Thomas Wright and Elizabeth Winter in Bedlington, so that ties in nicely

"6 Feb 1826 Thomas Wright >< Elizabeth Winter "
 I notice that John/Margaret named two of their children Thomas and Elizabeth. !

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

mandyfahey

« Reply #28 on: Friday 30 November 07 05:42 GMT (UK) »
  Barbara

I have just found another birth for a Robert Wright in Wales BMD site, only this one born 1866. If this is the correct one, then he would have been about 16years old when he married. I find that may not be correct, but worth a try.
I will send off for the cert and let you know what I find.
That last post by Janis, seems promising.

Thank you both Barbara and Janis

mandyfahey

« Reply #29 on: Friday 22 February 08 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara

I think I may have been going up the wrong tree with the Wrights'. I have just recieved the marriage certificate for Richard Bell and Agnes Wright. It states Agnes Wright's father as John Wright, General labourer. With witnesses Ada Wright, Alfred Bell and Bessie Catherall.
I was going by census info and info from another person who had searched and found that Robert Wright was Agnes father.
Looking on a census for Hawarden 1891, I found two Agnes Wrights one with Father Robert and siblings Arthur and Annie who my husbands aunt recognized the names, Agnes and Richard also had a son Arthur.
The other is for Agnes parents John and Lilah with a sibling Ada. This latter fits with the marriage cert.

I am now totally confused and it looks like I will need to find the parents of John Wright- the general labourer. AAAGGGHHHHH

Do you have any magic solutions?

Hopefully the info that we found may help someone else.

Well here I go again. I will also post on the Flintshire board.
Thanks
Mandy

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 22 February 08 15:00 GMT (UK) »
I'm also a bit confused, but if you do post on the Flintshire board it may help if you also put a link to this board to show what's been going on!

Barbara  :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

mandyfahey

« Reply #31 on: Friday 22 February 08 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara

I will go back and put a link on.
I looked again at Roberts birth certificate in case he was Robert John, but it only states Robert.
I will also send off for Agnes Birth cert now I have a better idea of her age.
The other confusing thing, is that the Agnes of the John Wright was born 3 years before the Agnes of Robert- which fits with Roberts daughter(from the 1891 census).

Regards
Mandy

mandyfahey

« Reply #32 on: Sunday 24 February 08 17:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara and all who helped me

on this trail of the Wright family. Unfortunately it is the incorrect Wright family. There were two Agnes Wrights born around the same time, I plumped for the one who appeared to come from the area my husband was sure his gran came from. it turned out that she was a domestic servant in the area and her father was John not Robert Wright.
My new search takes me back to Wales and also to Derbyshire where John Wright married a lady called Lilah - here I go again LOL

In light of this I have the following certifictes that I can send if anyone requires them
Birth certificate:
Robert Wright born 17/02/1860. Father John Wright, mother Margaret Logan.
Hawarden, County of Chester in Flint

Marriage certificate:
Robert Wright to Mary Thomas December 24th 1883. Hawarden in County of Flint

I have scanned them on to the PC so could e-mail them.

Once again many thanks to all for your hard work and patience

Mandy

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 24 February 08 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mandy, sorry it turned out wrong but we had fun looking!

There's a board for unwanted certs if you want to post details on there

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,146.0.html

Barbara

mandyfahey

« Reply #34 on: Sunday 24 February 08 17:49 GMT (UK) »
Barbara
thanks again and will post on the unwanted board!!

Kind regards
Mandy