Author Topic: Rose Annie E Mallison 1887-1947  (Read 864 times)

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rose Annie E Mallison 1887-1947
« on: Saturday 17 November 07 13:03 GMT (UK) »
Nearly every family has their black sheep, mine is g/auntie Rose. My dad and uncles talked fondly of her and her visits back in Yorkshire. She was born in Ecclesfield and the family moved to Foulby nr Wakefield, at some point, Rose took off to London alone and spent the rest of her life there apart from a short spell during the blitz. Camden Town has been mentioned and so has "a man friend" :-X. Her death is registered at Pancras. That's her complete life story, can anybody fill in a few of the gaps, or should I say, wackin' great voids. Thank you. Alan Ryan   
RYAN-Atkinson-Mallison-elsworth-Widdowson-Davis-Threapleton-Bolderson-Sagar.. IRELAND-Bradford-Bingley-Fewston-Barnsley-Ecclesfield-Doncaster-Wakefield-Kendal

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: Rose Annie E Mallison 1887-1947
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 November 07 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alan,

Where have you found Rose?  Do you have birth cert/census details, any marriage cert?   What was her occupation?

With a few known facts we might be able to fill in some gaps for you.

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Pels.

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 November 07 13:17 GMT (UK) »

I can see her in 1891 for example, but was loathe to say because I felt sure you would have these details .. ..  :-\

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 November 07 13:46 GMT (UK) »
I still can't get over how fast you lot can answer (clever clogs). Thanks for the interest. Apart from the census results of Rose's early life (and the spelling mistake, i.e. Malli n son in one of the images) what I've ritid is the lot. Rose didn't marry, she was registered born in the last 1/4 and died in the 3rd. I haven't got any certificates as I have 330 relatives on my tree and she's not reached the top of my priority list yet but I must admit she intrigues me as much as anybody in my tree. Alan
RYAN-Atkinson-Mallison-elsworth-Widdowson-Davis-Threapleton-Bolderson-Sagar.. IRELAND-Bradford-Bingley-Fewston-Barnsley-Ecclesfield-Doncaster-Wakefield-Kendal