Author Topic: Another Mallison mystery  (Read 709 times)

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Another Mallison mystery
« on: Saturday 17 November 07 14:33 GMT (UK) »
My g/granddad Thomas William Mallison b.8/1/1859 married Mary Ellen Widdowson b.1858 on 6/10/1881. Children Rose, John, Stella and Ruth were all born in Ecclesfield and they flitted to Foulby nr Wakefield. Tom's death is registered in Doncaster 1923, 1st 1/4 - Mary died in Wakefield 1931, last 1/4. I've recently made contact with their elderly grand children who say Mary was a battle axe and they think hen pecked Tom scarpered. He was at grandma Ruth's wedding in Hemsworth in 1916 but I'd like to know where he was and what he was doing towards the end of his life. Perhaps the 1911 census will answer a lot of all our questions but in the meantime, as any body got owt ? Alan Ryan. ???   
RYAN-Atkinson-Mallison-elsworth-Widdowson-Davis-Threapleton-Bolderson-Sagar.. IRELAND-Bradford-Bingley-Fewston-Barnsley-Ecclesfield-Doncaster-Wakefield-Kendal

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: Another Mallison mystery
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 November 07 14:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alan,

Tom's death certificate might have some useful information; addresses/occupation, the informant.   Is it worth the £7 a copy will cost?

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Another Mallison mystery
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 November 07 14:48 GMT (UK) »
You're probably right Jan, I was just fishing, you never know your luck. ;D. I'm just blitzing rootschat at the moment to see what there is to learn from you experienced chatters, it's all still pretty new to me. Alan. :) 
RYAN-Atkinson-Mallison-elsworth-Widdowson-Davis-Threapleton-Bolderson-Sagar.. IRELAND-Bradford-Bingley-Fewston-Barnsley-Ecclesfield-Doncaster-Wakefield-Kendal