Author Topic: todds byers green  (Read 11552 times)

Offline Welbat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: todds byers green
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 14 February 17 07:41 GMT (UK) »
This is my first post on this sort of site.
My great great great grandfather was Christopher Todd of Byers Green Durham  born 1757 died 1827 who married Eleanor Hart. His father was  Robert Todd 1743-1802. My forbears were all in London in the 19c moving out in the 20c.
Is there any evidence for a continuing line of Todd pre Robert into the early 18c 17c or before ?
Any help or contact would be appreciated as I am only just beginning a general and unknowledgeable search.

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
Re: todds byers green
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 08 October 17 19:38 BST (UK) »
Hullo Rellie. I think you will find Lynne J the original poster is in the same line of Todd's as yourself. My line is similar in fact too similar as there is much confusion with the two families living same areas and having same names. I don't think they were too worried about us trying to track them.

I have done so much research on my line which is directly tied to your own as has Lynne and another fellow from Sunderland. So there is a lot to find out.

The family goes way back in the area around Byers Green, in fact the earliest reference I have come back with dates to C1268. A Robertus and Guilimus (William) Todd were employed by the Bishop Palatinate of Durham to cut trees at the "BIERS". Later Changed to Byers Green around the mid 1500's when the addition of a Horse Racing Track was added to the area.

I have some doubts as to the Birth dates you have in your post Re Robert b1743 being the father of Christopher b1757, he would only have been 14 years old?

I have your tree on my file and will check it for dates and get back to you. I don't do much on here now, hence the delay in getting onto the post. You can personal message me if you want and we can exchange email addresses.

Regards
Noel Todd. Durham County, NSW, Australia.
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads