Author Topic: Coroners Report?  (Read 1312 times)

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Coroners Report?
« on: Friday 23 November 07 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I don't know if anyone is able to help, but is someone, somehow able to look up details of a Coroner's report for me. I am looking for more details on the death of my great grandfather Walter Rees (Pontyberem, Llanelly). He died on 4th November 1911 when "he was accidentally scalded by an explosion from a steam pipe at surface of colliery". His death certificate details the inquest as "the Liberty of Kidwelly Inquest held 21 Nov 1911". I have E-Mailed the current coroner in Camarthem and the Western Mail (in case they have historical reports of such things) with no response.

Thank you

Offline Dancing Master

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Coroners Report?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 November 07 18:14 GMT (UK) »
The Local Newspapers would have carried that information and it would also be held at the County Records Office as well as at Kew.

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 November 07 10:50 GMT (UK) »
If they are held at the county records and Kew is anyone planning to go to these anyway and therefore could look this up?

Offline buckaroo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 June 08 22:40 BST (UK) »
Roy,

Have you tried searching the online Cambrian? It's a paper that covered wales from 1804 - 1930, it's not fully indexed yet but is a mine of information, and the original can be viewed on micro-fiche at the Swansea Central Library

http://www2.swansea.gov.uk/_info/cambrian/

follow the link, or just put 'cambrian' into google, it should be one of the firs few hits... goodluck!

Buckaroo
Abraham           Field
Barnett             Jeavons
Price                 Turnbull
Slaymaker        Uttley

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 08 June 08 13:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I can't find any reference to Walter's death. It does look a very useful resource and searching under "scalded"  brings up a lot of tragic deaths but not the one I am after. I will search again at a later date in case more information gets added.