Author Topic: Ministers at the North United Presbyterian Church, Auchtermuchty  (Read 821 times)

Offline marp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Ministers at the North United Presbyterian Church, Auchtermuchty
« on: Monday 26 November 07 00:07 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information on John Morison who was a minister at the North United Presbyterian Church, Auchtermuchty in the 1870s. 

Did he continue as minister there or move on to another parish? I have no information regarding whether or not he married.

Any information would be welcome!

marp

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ministers at the North United Presbyterian Church, Auchtermuchty
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 November 07 08:38 GMT (UK) »
marp,

I note that this request has also been posted on the following thread:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,270295.0.html

If you post duplicate threads, it is very useful to RootsChatters to - at the very least - cross-reference them.  Otherwise helpful RootsChatters can spend their time looking up, typing out and posting information which has already been provided.

I am puzzled why you would post a request about Auchtermuchty on the Ayrshire board.  Auchtermuchty is in Fife.

If you don't know where a place is, it is useful to Google for it.

And a search for:
Genuki + Auchtermuchty
will quickly locate Auchtermuchty for you and provide information about it.

I am also puzzled why you have asked for "any" information about John MORISON.  From your other threads I note that you have extensive information about him and his family ...

It is always a good idea to
- summarize the information you already have (so that helpful RootsChatters don't waste their time looking up such information)
- be specific about what information you are seeking
- state what searches you have already carried out to find that information (for example, have you looked for John MORISON on the 1871 and 1881 censuses on ScotlandsPeople).

Regards,

JAP