Author Topic: Dorset PENNINAH'S!  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Great Grandpa William Hillman
    • View Profile
Re: Dorset PENNINAH'S!
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 02 December 07 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Crozier,

I've had a quick look at your Penninah and i think there is a strong possibility that she may be a relation of mine. Her mother Elizabeth Burden was born in Tarrant Rushton. I can't find the marriage of her parents Samuel and Ann. Have you come across it?

Regards

Penninah  ???
Doling- Middlesex/London +Hants, Morgan- London/Middlesex +Glouc, Vincent- London/Middlesex, Wambach (+Hamburg & Suffolk), Wadley & Wilkins.<br /><br />NORTHUMBERLAND; English, Huggup & Webster.<br />HANTS; Heath<br /><br />Any census info is crown copywright

Offline crozier

• RootsChat Senior
  • The past another country? Where's my passport?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 02 December 07 14:14 GMT (UK) »
All i have so far is Elizabeth "Betty" Burden 1795-1874, married to Charles King. No information yet on her parents, but managed to find ten children.
Ann 1826 James also 1826 Charles 1828 Simon 1830. Isaac also 1930. Elizabeth 1832. Jemima 1834. Peninah (of course) 1835. Charlotte 1838 and lastly Julia 1847
Abbott, Surrey&London. Criswell/Cresswell, Painswick Gloucestershire. MacKenzie, Midlothian&London. King, the Tarrant Valley Dorset&London. Foreman, West Ham. Peters, Bolney/Lewes Sussex&London. Sandgrove, West Ham. Sundgren,Sweden.

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 03 December 07 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Ok...
Elizabeth and Charles married November 16 1820 in Tarrant Rawston (by banns) So likely there are more children!
Elizabeth was born Tarrant Rushton and baptised there on January 24 1796 to Samuel Burden and Ann Rogers so far there is a brother William and a sister Ann.
Mother Ann born Tarrant Rushton 1772 she married Samuel there on October 1 1795. Samuel was born Wimborne Minster.
Ann Rogers parents were Frampton Rogers and Ann. The father and grandfather are both 'Frampton' the earlier marrying in East Stoke, Dorset , He married a Mary Davies there in 1735. I have as you see from my earlier message on this thread got framptons! My Martin Amis had the middle name 'Frampton'! Now i just need to find these Framptons! I think that will be where the Penninah's come from!

Regards

Penninah  :D
Doling- Middlesex/London +Hants, Morgan- London/Middlesex +Glouc, Vincent- London/Middlesex, Wambach (+Hamburg & Suffolk), Wadley & Wilkins.<br /><br />NORTHUMBERLAND; English, Huggup & Webster.<br />HANTS; Heath<br /><br />Any census info is crown copywright

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 03 December 07 10:19 GMT (UK) »
Looking at Tarrant Rawston baptism there is as follows;-

James baptised Aug 22 1825
Mary Ann baptised March 9 1826
Susannah Sep 7 1834 and
Ellen Sep 25 1841

All to Charles and Elizabeth King. Charles go's from a labourer to a shepherd.