Author Topic: Bassingthorpe marriage  (Read 1193 times)

Offline paja

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bassingthorpe marriage
« on: Monday 26 November 07 22:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi!  I'm searching for some events that would have been recorded at Bassingthorpe parish church.  They involve a family named Rim(m)in(g)ton, that lived at Westby.

Edward Rim(m)in(g)ton (dates unknown) married Ann(e) (dates unknown).  Their first child was, I think, Ann (b Aug 1776), followed by maybe 7 more children.  I have the children's baptism records from the IGI.

But can anyone give me details of Edward and Ann(e)'s marriage, which would presumably have been around 1774/5?  And, of course, anything of their history, including Ann(e)'s maiden name?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Offline pamthomas

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Bassingthorpe marriage
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 November 07 01:51 GMT (UK) »
Lincolnshire FHS marriage index for Beltisloe deanery 1700-1837 lists the marriage of Edward Rimmington and Anne Wood in Bassingthorpe in 1774.
For a small fee Lincolnshire Archives should be able to send you a copy of the entry in the PR.
http://microsites.lincolnshire.gov.uk/Archives/
This is the information you can expect to find.
http://www.archivecdbooks.org/resources/registers/indexf.htm

Offline paja

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 November 07 08:46 GMT (UK) »
Pam:  thanks for this information, I'm impressed with the dedication of dealing with this stuff at 2:00 in the morning!!

I'll follow uo with the Lincolnshire Archives; although I have another request outstanding with them, and they're not particualrly responsive.  Do you deal with them regularly, and what is your experience of them?

Best regards, Peter

Offline pamthomas

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 November 07 02:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter,
I've only visited Lincs Archives, when they've been very helpful (and patient!).
I know that there were personnel changes at the beginning of October and staff hours may have also been cut, as an explanation of your outstanding query.
However, if the query is over three weeks old, and you can phone them, then I would do so. They will be able to tell you if there is a backlog of queries - or if you query has been 'mis-filed' (i.e. lost  :) )
If you don't live in the UK, then you'llhave to resort to either snail mail or email to contact them again.
Pam