Author Topic: ARNOPPS of Kinsale  (Read 7948 times)

Offline silence

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ARNOPPS of Kinsale
« on: Thursday 29 November 07 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi
i am just beginning to trying to trace my husband's family but have barely any info to help. Liam or William Arnopp left Kinsale during WW2, his father may or may not have been George Arnopp and his mother Dora?  Liam's siblings were  Ben, George, Peirce, May Dora and Minnie. i would be so grateful for any info on Arnopps of Kinsale. or a ny advice on where to look or who to contact.
thankyou :)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline silence

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ARNOPPS of Kinsale
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 November 07 11:32 GMT (UK) »
thanks aghadowey

i'd seen some of those things before and attended that funeral at suffolk but the other bits were a great help.  the difficult thing is pinning down the older generation to recall names and ages  ;)
thanks again  :)

Offline rcollins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 September 08 23:34 BST (UK) »
Dear Silence

I just came across your original request. I'm sure you have this resolved by now as Arnopp is a well known Kinsale name (of Hugenot extraction) . In any case my father (current mayor of Kinsale) knew both Pierce and Ben your husbands father's siblings... and would be happy to make contact with you
MODERATOR COMMENT: email address removed to avoid spam and other abuses. Please use our secure personal message system to share email addresses and other personal details. Thank You. Please have a little chat on this thread first. You will need to make a couple more posts for our PM system to open up to you. All the best  ;D  
if you haven't made progress already which I'm sure you will have done.
RC

Offline Mick_Dolan86

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 December 08 14:51 GMT (UK) »
My wife's mother is an Arnopp from Kinsale. Her father was Dick Arnopp, died 18th Margh 1991. I haven't really figured out the ins and outs of the family yet except my mother in law says there are Catholic and Protestant Arnopps. Two Kinsale Arnopps died in WW1, B Arnopp died 9.9.1919 and Robert Arnopp killed on HMS Goliath 13th May 1915.

Offline rcollins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 07 December 08 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Dear Mr Dolan

yes the Arnopps are of mixed religious background like most traditional families from kinsale reflecting our origins from seafaring, Hugenot,military and indiginous populations that have settled over the generations.

I'm fairly sure I knew your mother's father Dick and know her current living descendents but I will reply with a fuller answer once I have consulted the oracle - my dad !!- to ensure I have the correct family .

what was your mother's name ?

best wishes

Rónán :)

Offline Mick_Dolan86

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 07 December 08 19:18 GMT (UK) »
It's my mother in law. And her name is MODERATOR COMMENT; IT IS AGAINST ROOTSCHAT POLICY TO POST DETAILS OF LIVING PEOPLE - THEY HAVE BEEN REMOVED.  PLEASE USE THE PERSONAL MESSAGE SYSTEM TO EXCHANGE SUCH DETAILS.  THANKS

Offline rcollins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 07 December 08 20:03 GMT (UK) »
apologies

on the case  now

Offline rcollins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 07 December 08 22:29 GMT (UK) »
Mr Dolan

pretty sure I have the right family -  many descendents alive and well in the town but the family are very well known locals  and your mother in law / wife must surely be in touch with them  ?? unless you are referring to another family with a 'Dickie Arnopp' as there was one from the protestant persuasion as well I think going back along -

what did you want to know ?

is your wife still alive - what's her name

regards
ronan