Author Topic: ARNOPPS of Kinsale  (Read 7950 times)

Offline claraw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ARNOPPS of Kinsale
« Reply #18 on: Friday 29 October 10 11:26 BST (UK) »
hello mike, i just saw your message and i myself I'm fairly sure that i am related to the arnopps you just mentioned. my grandmother was an arnopp and grew up in kinsale and her parents were James arnopp and Sarah newman, i was talking to my dad and he tinks that your grandfather and my great grandfather  (James arnopp)) were brothers. i have also seen the grave which you mentioned and it is beside our family grave in st multose kinsale.

Offline Miller Ashton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 03 December 19 19:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi there everyone my name is miller my dad is John arnopp and his dad is George arnopp apart from that I don't know much George married Rita we have been trying to find Georges birth but couldn't and I stumbled across this page by accident this page has opened up a new avenues to try and find out about him and his life all I got told by my dad that George was living London at the moment so we searched home in the census and found out he was living with pierce but as soon as my dad met him he seemed to have vanished  if any one can give me any help to prove in am looking in the right place or knows more about George or the family it's self as I have been searching all my 22 years of life  looking for answers or clues thanks in advance

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 03 December 19 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat
There are a lot more records online now than when this thread was last active.
You don't give any dates for the George who married Rita but here for example is the marriage of George who married Dora Thompson mentioned earlier in this thread.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1907/10093/5672167.pdf
You have to sign in and prove your not a robot but it is free to view the certs.
There are also children for this couple
The search page is here
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp

Offline Miller Ashton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 04 December 19 00:41 GMT (UK) »
Sinann thanks for the links unfortunately the info that I have put is the only info I know I have never met George arnopp and and I don't know anything about him or his marriage I have only met my dad John once and this is what I was told  we aren't on talking terms he left my life when I was 6 months old and we met when I was 18 but it didn't go well so this is why I am looking for answers thank you again

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 04 December 19 23:52 GMT (UK) »
I got told by my dad that George was living London at the moment so we searched home in the census and found out he was living with pierce but as soon as my dad met him he seemed to have vanished

RootsChat has a no living person policy, but perhaps someone could help if you explain this a bit more providing the people involved are no longer living.
Who is Pierce?
What Census, the latest census available to the public is 1911, there is the 1939 Register perhaps that's what you meant.

Do you know Rita's surname, you could look for their marriage, that would give George's father's name and possibly George's age which would help find his birth Cert.
Do you know where George was born and approximately when?

Offline arnopp1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 12 December 21 18:45 GMT (UK) »
hi im christopher georges son pierces nephew and millers uncle .George will be well into his 70s if he is still alive pierce died about 10 years ago his son is jason arnopp an author george had lived in winchmore hill for years but has dissapered from any records making myself john and jason the senior members from the kinsale line of the arnopp family i believe to be still living im guessing but there may be some still going today.

Offline arnopp1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 12 December 21 19:01 GMT (UK) »
ritas maiden name was mcmenemy sadly my mother died on the 1st of june this year .

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 12 December 21 20:31 GMT (UK) »

my great grand mother was hester ward arnopp.......

William Arnopp married Hester Ward Howes on 17th June 1902. One of the witnesses was Pierce Arnopp.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1902/10277/5740609.pdf

Four children born:
Kathleen 1903
Hester 1905
William 1907
Anne 1909

https://www.rootschat.com/links/01r3u/

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 13 December 21 08:28 GMT (UK) »
....my grandmother was an arnopp and grew up in kinsale and her parents were James arnopp and Sarah newman....

Marriage on 11th November 1908 in St Multose Parish Church.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1908/10076/5665284.pdf

Added:
St Multose Church and Rectory, Kinsale
GeoHive National Townland and Historical Map Viewer - Historic 25" map
https://arcg.is/Hjn5K
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo