Author Topic: lookup. MacKay  (Read 3387 times)

Offline Clouder

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
lookup. MacKay
« on: Saturday 01 January 05 01:48 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone find death records for James and Louisa MacKay.
Isle of Man. Probably 1950's and 1960's
Thanks Sue.
WELCH/WELSH/WALSH. Kilkenny, Ireland. Glamorgan, Sth Wales.
CLOUDER, All. BARRETT, Sittingbourne Kent. O'NEIL, Lancs/Staffordshire. SMITHER, Greenwich. LACEY, Surrey.

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: NBI lookup. MacKay
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 January 05 04:16 GMT (UK) »
hi i have lacey relations from bath. they went to london.1860s i have all sorts of info but off the t op of my head it is william LACEY who married Clara BALL. i have several children. the family was connected to the fox furniture factory.children names amongst several are louisa. sarah my ggrandmother charles rosina , jessica and several others. do you want more info. jan
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 January 05 04:18 GMT (UK) »
p.s.initinally i was looking up isle of man ,my husband family of CORLETT have been there forever,.i have a lot of their info as well.jan
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline Clouder

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 January 05 11:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan.
Thanks for your reply. James and Louisa MacKay are my only family members in Isle of Man. I was wondering if there was a burial record which shows if James was born there. Louisa was born in Camberwell, Surrey.
My earliest Lacey was Thomas James b1839 in Walworth, Surrey. He was an undertaker.
He, wife and children are the earliest I can go back. But please if they show up in your Lacey Research I'd love to hear from you.
Best Wishes SUE.
CLOUDER, All. BARRETT, Sittingbourne Kent. O'NEIL, Lancs/Staffordshire. SMITHER, Greenwich. LACEY, Surrey.

Offline Elizabeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 January 05 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Bingo Sue,

I think I may have found your info for you regarding John & Louisa MacKay.

I found it at the burial indexes at Brian Lawsons website... http://www.lawsons.ca

MACKAY, John  81  Lezayre  9 Feb 1961   
MACKAY, Louisa  67  Lezayre  2 Apr 1958 

Did they have children? If so are they still on the Island? If so, there may still be descendants here. (I live on the IOM)

Regards
Elizabeth
QUALTROUGH Isle of Man & world wide

Qualtroughs have been found in Liverpool, Manchester and other places in Lancs. However I am interested in contact with all Qualtroughs and descendants everywhere.

Offline Clouder

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 04 January 05 05:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello Elizabeth.
Bingo indeed. Yes this is them.
They did not have children. They were married late in life. Louisa had been a nurse in Singapore in WW2. After escaping from the Japanese to Java she was shipped home. James was a captain on one of the merchant ships during the war. I don't know if they knew each other before then  or not.
I'm very grateful for your help.
Best regards. Sue.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 08 November 08 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Hello,I have a John Henry Mackay born Douglas 1877 child of Catherine and William and James Edward 1885 they were the childen of my greatgrandmother Catherine and her first husband,Regards Gillian
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,