Author Topic: Langholm Archive Centre search engine update  (Read 1332 times)

Offline walterc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright,
    • View Profile
Langholm Archive Centre search engine update
« on: Friday 30 November 07 16:04 GMT (UK) »
The researchers compiling a complete index to the Eskdale and Liddesdale Advertiser have recently completed the first twenty one years of publication, ie from March 1848 to March 1869.

1869 brought the first time that the E&L was published weekly and this of course means a lot of extra work for the team.  However two recent additons to the research team means that work goes on at a good speed. The E&L index is still available online and can be found at http://langholmarchive.org.uk.  We have had very positive feedback and several success stories.

All this work takes money to sustain it and run the Centre and so the group are holding an exhibition of photographs and a short concert featuring local artistes in the Buccleuch Centre, Langholm, on 12 December 2007 to help raise funds for the project.  Visitors are welcome to come along and see what the Centre is doing.
Hounam ~ Dumfriesshire; Pettigrew, Scott ~ Hawick; Tweedie ~ Hawick and Moffat;

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Langholm Archive Centre search engine update
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 November 07 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Bravo to those people!

Thanks for mentioning it, WalterC - I have added the event to the RootsChat calendar.

Only sorry I won't be able to come (a bit too far) as I have ancestors/ relatives from that area.

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline kenjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Langholm Archive Centre search engine update
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 November 07 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi walterC and Arronroots,
This is wonderful....thankyou for telling us about the site and the work they are doing....
I notive it isLangholm  5.6 mile from Half Morton.....and other places I have been looking at...
Thanks again..
Jo.. :D
Pattillo, Connon, Shand, Mackie, Hickey, Brooks, Ryan.