Author Topic: Help to identify a name on a certificate  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Bellejazz

• I have turned off my notifications
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Help to identify a name on a certificate
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 December 07 12:31 GMT (UK) »
I haven't found any other Schultz's which of course isn't to say that they didn't exist.
As for the certificate, well all the names for the other side of the family (my g Grandmothers side - Smedley) are a perfect 100% match, so on the Smedley side at least I know I am totally on the right track. Then of course there is the Joseph Appleby, it's just the O'Neill bit that is missing!

- Belinda.
Boake Carter: Dublin Ire. - Williamstown VIC Corbet(t): Northern Ire. - Creswick VIC Croak/Croke/Croker: Kilkenny Ire. - Creswick Hob(b)el: Salzgitter Germany - Talbot VIC Mulford: London UK - Williamstown VIC Mitchell: Kildare Ire. - Lilydale VIC Orenshaw: Uttoxeter UK - Creswick Rischmuller: Gottingen Germany - Ballarat VIC Smedley: Derbyshire UK - Kilmore VIC Wassmann: Salzgitter Ward: Tipperary Ire - Creswick VIC.

Offline Jean McGurn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Help to identify a name on a certificate
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 December 07 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Then I would say you have the right certificate. One thought does occur maybe Joseph Appleby's wife wasn't  Kathleen Schultz, but she was the mother.

Then there's the possibility that Kate/Kathleen had been adopted by the O'neill family so grew up as O'Neill but on an official certificate she had put down her birth mother's name.

I was adopted and used to put my adoptive mothers maiden name but nowadays put down my birth mothers name when I have to disclose it.

Jean
McGurn, Stables, Harris, Owens, Bellis, Stackhouse, Darwent, Co(o)mbe