Author Topic: William George MURRELL - NSW  (Read 6250 times)

Offline genefinder

• I am sorry my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William George MURRELL - NSW
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 25 June 09 09:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Sparrett
it was the wesleyan church register and if there is another 1876 let me know
many emails between me and other party was in vain.Its held at Redfern
           gene
pennington /huddersfield pennington/australia goddard/ uk may/uk bevitt /uk harvey/ uk/devlin/ ireland  murrell uk faux /tasmania jones /ireland nordstedt/sweden  hughes/uk  henry/uk mccarthy /australia quinn/australia

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 25 June 09 10:23 BST (UK) »
I agree with Sue, there is no pressure to continue this thread, however you have returned to it after a period of 18 months.

Liz if you could type all details of each certificate relating to the MURRELL/JOHNSTON/DEVLIN families it would be most helpful and perhaps we can help you further.

If you wish us to help then the choice is up to you. ;D

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline genefinder

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 25 June 09 13:09 BST (UK) »
Hi cando and sparrett
sorry didnt mean to open old wounds.
WILLIAM GEORGE MURRELL under  MURRAY on bdm
married Elizabeth Johnston 1876 Its badly written on cert looks like 1872
Fergusen Library hold the register and have told me there are mistakes on it.
Wanting to go there was told I could not.For an amount they would send it to me but I have already payed for it at BDM nsw.Not sure if its my relative
BUT Elizabeth Johnston is meant to be Elizabeth Devlin.
But Elizabeth Johnston is on the birth of Elizabeth Murrell daughter.
If you can work that out I cannot and was told by a family member to forget the Johnston.How can I?    Gene
pennington /huddersfield pennington/australia goddard/ uk may/uk bevitt /uk harvey/ uk/devlin/ ireland  murrell uk faux /tasmania jones /ireland nordstedt/sweden  hughes/uk  henry/uk mccarthy /australia quinn/australia

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 26 June 09 00:14 BST (UK) »
Gene are you referring to a Presbyterian Parish Register held by the Ferguson Library?  These are church records. Civil registrations are held by the NSW Registry.

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/historyofRegistrysRec.htm

In 1856 the Government took over the function of recording all births, deaths and marriages from the churches.

I can certainly understand the library's reluctance to allow the public to search their Parish records/registers.  If you wish to have a copy of the parish marriage record surely a payment for searching, photocopying/transcribing and mailing it to you is not unreasonable. 

Good luck with your research.

Cando

Offline genefinder

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 26 June 09 05:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Cando.I have payed for the marriage from the bdm nsw reported it to them there were mistakes Maybe it is William george Murray not Murrell ( the guy would not even tell me that) then that is just throwing my money away for a second time they dont refund if its not your relative.The mistakes were made by the BDM nsw but was also told that the minister of that time was very careless.The ages were also wrong for mine so I will presume they are not my relatives 
I sent my copy to fergusen library and was asked for much more than  BDM.for a copy.    gene

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 26 June 09 06:30 BST (UK) »
Does  William George MURRELL's death certificate record his age at marriage, where married and his spouse's name? 

A birth certificate of one of Elizabeth's siblings may also help you with the correct name of Elizabeth's mother and George's wife.

Cando

Offline genefinder

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 27 June 09 07:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks cando for your input and help
other family members have the certs and the ones I bought have different things
My thoughts are William had all but my grandmother to a Elizabeth Devlin no marriage Then had my grandmother to Elizabeth Johnston on her birth 1868 then I found that marriage 1876 to Elizabeth Johnston but age of bride 38yrs.
Then death of my grandmother filled in by a niece not her children
mother Elizabeth Devlin So her birth and her death have 2 different things.
Death of my grandmothers sister has mother eliza johnson.On birth elizabeth devlin .I am totally over it too confusing.
         gene

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 27 June 09 07:32 BST (UK) »
Gene I always find it is best to do your own research and ignore what other people have told you.  I have only had to 'deal with' one lot of poorly researched information about my family and as it has been done by a 'friend' of a distant relative, I just ignore it, but it annoying to see it on the net on a very poorly designed website.  Unfortunately friends and some relatives think it is my website >:( >:( >:(

If you wish to progress with this line of your family, I think the purchase of a transcription of William's death registration may be helpful.  What about asking the family members for copies of the certificates they hold?  I fail to understand how certificates of the same event with the registration numbers clearly marked, could have differing information.

Hope the puzzle is eventually sorted.

Cheers
Cando