Author Topic: Thomas Airdrie is Not the son of Elizabeth Arbuckle!  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Shanty

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Airdrie is Not the son of Elizabeth Arbuckle!
« on: Sunday 02 December 07 22:25 GMT (UK) »
The stories of my father's as told by his father William Airdrie told of a Thomas Airdrie whose father's name was Thomas and who married a Walker and somewhere in the mix was Jemima.

I was able to find the death records for Jemima Airdrie (b. 1805 d: 1895 husband Thomas Airdrie - (yes, that's right...."Airdrie" for both)) as well as all her children.  Jemima only had 2 children as far as I can find, and one of them was the Thomas Airdrie who married Elizabeth Walker.  This last bit of information defies all information I had previously located on the web indicating that Thomas Airdrie who married Elizabeth Walker, was the son of David Airdrie and Elizabeth Arbuckle.  THIER son Thomas I found in a death record, had died "single". 

The link between my ggrandfather Thomas (wife Elizabeth Walker) and David Airdrie (b 1800; wife Elizabeth Arbuckle) was that Thomas' mother Jemima and David were brother and sister.  Their parents were David Airdrie and Mary Fares AKA Phares AKA Farres; both from Ireland.

In case anyone may be interested, http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk is an amazing resource of information. It costs a wee bit but it is well worth it as the records are thorough.

If this throws a wrench into anyone's information, let me know and I will see what I can do to help. 
Airdrie, Ardrie, Walker, Fleming, Walsh