Author Topic: MI's  (Read 56681 times)

Offline DocHA

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thurston Main, Thurston Manor, Innerwick
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday 04 August 09 10:19 BST (UK) »
Trying to find out who was Thurston, its does,nt seem to be Scottish but pre dates most Scots records
Thanks Doc

Offline lizanne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: MI's
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 01:41 BST (UK) »
Hello Spacot,
Does your offer still stand for look ups for Innerwick MI's.
If so I would be grateful for a look up for Margaret Tory died 1826 and anyone else buried in the same grave .
Many thanks
Jane

Offline hume

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Monday 13 June 11 15:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane,

I was just checking in here and I noticed you hadn't a reply to your post. I also have a copy of the MI books so thought I would take a look for you.

There is only mention of a Margaret Tor[r]y in Innerwick; however, the gravestone (when recorded) does not appear to be in good condition hence the lack of full information.

In memory of Peter Sherrif, 18th July 1[802 aged 5-] years, also Margaret, - August 17[9-] & Peter [- August 1805 ---], wife Margaret Torry, - June 18-- aged 80 ---- (four lines) ---- (Ed: per IGI, children Jean bapt Innerwick March 1772, Margaret bapt December 1773 (father named as Patrick), William bapt May 1782, Peter bapt August 1787, Thomas bapt May 1791 (all with father named Peter)

Hope this helps. :)

Offline lizanne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Monday 13 June 11 16:30 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your reply hume.
I did get a PM from one of the members.
Sadly it looks like this is not my Margaret Tory.
The search goes on.
Jane

Offline hume

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Monday 13 June 11 17:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane,

You're welcome; I'm only sorry that this wasn't yours. I hope you find something soon. :)

hume

Offline amg2512

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Saturday 02 July 11 14:42 BST (UK) »
If the offer still stands would be most grateful if you could check the name Goodall/Goodale and Paterson, Spott mainly... I think

Regards
Alison

Offline boston14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Monday 20 April 15 22:14 BST (UK) »
I have just noticed this post. Could you look up any Sansons ,and Dick(i)sons,in the hillfoot villages.Would be very grateful.

Thanks
Boston 14

Offline Spacot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday 21 April 15 09:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Boston 14,

Could you be more specific on which Sansons and Dick(i)sons you are interested in.
I am doing a GOONS on the surname Sanson and have all the Scottish Sanson's researched and can tell any thing their is on any specific Sanson, as far as the Dicksons are concerned I have had a quick look and their are too many to list, however as you include the Dickison's I am surmising it might be Thomas Sanson and Margaret Dickison in Innerwick/Oldhamstocks you are interested in as I know from my research she is the only Dickison to be found in the records.  I think it started as a typo!,  their is no grave record for her I have been trying to find her for 20+ years. Also I know some of their family went to Boston.
Let me know who you are interested in and I will send all I have on their ancestry.

Spacot

Offline boston14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday 21 April 15 17:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Spacot,

Yes that is the branch I am interested in. I have the main branch ,Thomas Sanson and Margaret Dickison ,also second marriage to Helen Brown ,but some of the children I don`t have any marriages etc .I would be grateful for anything you have on them. (Tree on Ancestry porteousi)

Thanks
Boston 14