Author Topic: Marriage Details Look Up 1783 Kirk German  (Read 3182 times)

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Marriage Details Look Up 1783 Kirk German
« on: Saturday 08 December 07 12:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi There :D

My umpteenth Great Grandad was Lawrence Starkinson he married Anne Charles 15 Nov 1783 Kirk German.

Is there anyone who has access to the Parish Records who could get me a photo copy of the marriage or a translation of it - I am informed that he was Norwegian?

Cheers :-*
Jan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline Voirrey M

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Details Look Up 1783 Kirk German
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 December 07 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Films    of   Kirk    German /   Peel  -  Parish   Registers    are     available   in    Manx    National    Heritage    Library.

I    would   be    willing   to    make    a     careful    copy   of    the    wording   of    that    entry   for  you  before

Christmas [  not   possible   to    visit   this   week   too    busy ]    as   I    live   close   by.

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 December 07 23:07 GMT (UK) »
my own transcription of the register merely reads L.S. of Norway (but it is some time since I did it and I may have been too brief) - you might find it interesting to search for Starkinson in www.manxnotebook.com !
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 09 December 07 09:12 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your offer Voirrey  :o

Frances, it was a long time since you answered my post, another researcher wanted to know where I got the Norwegian connection, I was trying to get more details before I contacted him! 

Thank you :-* :-*
Jan :D

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline Voirrey M

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 December 07 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Entry   as    follows     Kirk   German   /    Peel   /   IOM
"Laurence   Starkinson   a  native   of   Norway /  bachelor   &   Ann   Charles  / spinster  of    this   parish    were married  in  this   Church   by   Lycense   the    fifteenth   day   of   November  in    the   year   one   thousand  seven   hundred
&   eighty   three    by    me    Henry   Corlett /   Vicar.
This   marriage   was   solemnized   between   us  Laurence   Starkinson   my   X   mrk.   Ann   Starkinson    late   Charles
my    X   mrk.   in   presence   of    William   Corris   /   Warden    //   John   White   /    Warden   "

The   next   marriage   on   the   20th   was    between   Peter  Sorensen    &     Jane   Graves  / widow   /  both   of   this
parish.    Although    the   groom   had    obviously    lived   in    Peel   "  of   this   parish  "   he   too   sounds   Norwegian  to   me. The    Graves  built   ships  perhaps   both   men    arrived   here   through   the   timber  trade   into   Peel
harbour.                                                                                                                            Voirrey   

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 12 December 07 08:02 GMT (UK) »
Thank You :D

Merry Christmas to you and yours  :o

Cheers :-* :-* :-*
Jan

TIVEY, WILDE,

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 15 December 07 09:34 GMT (UK) »
It may well be that Starkinson was connected with timber trade however the Peel ship yards had not started at that time (the Graves were merchants)  and another link was possibly the herring trade - the timber was generally imported from the Baltic  - Sorenson is connected with Liverpool
any thing with a Manx Connection