Author Topic: Joseph Leith - Belhelvie  (Read 5757 times)

Offline Piglet01

• Email address not working please contact support
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Leith - Belhelvie
« Reply #9 on: Monday 10 December 07 08:04 GMT (UK) »
And from the IGI:

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

Offline Piglet01

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 10 December 07 08:14 GMT (UK) »
And lastly,

If the Alexander above is the correct Alexander - a free search on Scotlands People brings up only one Alexander Leith marrying an Elspet Mutch - Scotland wide between 1882 and 1900.  Takes place in Aberdeenshire in 1891.

Have no credits left to view.

Have a good day - got to get back to work  :O)  Steve 

Offline Rowana

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 10 December 07 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Once again, you guys have found the right man!

Here is what I started with.  My wife's Great-Grandparents are buried in a ruined churchyard on the seaward side of the Aberdeen-Ellon road. The link takes you to the Aberdeenshire website map -
http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/local/map.asp?x=396926680&y=819615410&scale=5000

The Inscription on the gravestone reads-
"In loving memory of Alexander Leith. Died at Bridlefolds Belhevie 29th June 1921 age 57 years.  Also  His Father and Mother and his 2 children who died in infancy. Also his wife Elspet C Mutch who died 1st Feb 1951 age 82 years.   Erected my his widow and family."

We think the "C" is Crighton, but not 100% sure.

My Wife's Grandmother was Williamina Leith, born in 1908 & died in1983.

Joekar - Your 1901 census for Bridlefolds is spot on.
Piglet01 - The alexander born on 1 Sep 1864 seems correct as this ties in with his age when he died in1921, and also gives his parents.

Thanks very much to both of you.

Piglet01 - Thanks very much for the search information you gave me.  Just one question - where about in Aberdeen is the Registrars office situated?  Is it in St Nicholas House or somewhere like that?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm fairly new to all this research business!

Cheers
Jim

Irvine Gove Watt Stronner

Offline Piglet01

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 10 December 07 18:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jim

Yes, it's in St Nicholas house, from the Upperkirkgate entrance.  If you follow the attached link, it will take you to a .pdf file which will explain all.

Good luck with your search.  They're very good and very helpful.

Regards,   Steve   :O)

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/acci/web/files/rm_registrars/rm_registrars_family_history_leaflet.pdf

Offline Rowana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 11 December 07 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much Steve.  Much appreciated.

Now that I have my bus pass, I can get into Aberdeen for nothing, so it looks like I'll be making a visit fairly soon, probably after the New Year.

I'm assuming that the best thing to do is to get a list of things you want to look up, book an hour, and see how far through your list you can get in the time.

Cheers
Jim
Irvine Gove Watt Stronner

Offline Neehee

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 28 December 19 23:00 GMT (UK) »
Once again, you guys have found the right man!

Here is what I started with.  My wife's Great-Grandparents are buried in a ruined churchyard on the seaward side of the Aberdeen-Ellon road. The link takes you to the Aberdeenshire website map -
http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/local/map.asp?x=396926680&y=819615410&scale=5000

The Inscription on the gravestone reads-
"In loving memory of Alexander Leith. Died at Bridlefolds Belhevie 29th June 1921 age 57 years.  Also  His Father and Mother and his 2 children who died in infancy. Also his wife Elspet C Mutch who died 1st Feb 1951 age 82 years.   Erected my his widow and family."

We think the "C" is Crighton, but not 100% sure.

My Wife's Grandmother was Williamina Leith, born in 1908 & died in1983.

Joekar - Your 1901 census for Bridlefolds is spot on.
Piglet01 - The alexander born on 1 Sep 1864 seems correct as this ties in with his age when he died in1921, and also gives his parents.

Thanks very much to both of you.

Piglet01 - Thanks very much for the search information you gave me.  Just one question - where about in Aberdeen is the Registrars office situated?  Is it in St Nicholas House or somewhere like that?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm fairly new to all this research business!

Cheers
Jim

Hi. Don’t know if you are still looking up your family tree. I have the same great grandparents as your wife’s.