Author Topic: ST mATTHEWS WOLVERHAMPTON  (Read 6246 times)

Offline gah

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
ST mATTHEWS WOLVERHAMPTON
« on: Friday 14 December 07 22:45 GMT (UK) »
   Does anyone hold the records for marriages at St Matthews Wolverhampton ? i am trying to find witnesses to a marriage that took place in 1853 , i have the exact date , i could send for the marriage cert but would not be able to do so untill after christmas  ???the lady in this marriage was the 1st wife of my gtgtgrandfather , and i was hoping the witnesses might hold some clue to the grooms family , as i have not had any success finding anything on him prioer to this marriage , any help grately appreciated .

gah

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: ST mATTHEWS WOLVERHAMPTON
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 December 07 00:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi gah

Staffordshire records office have the registers for St. Matthews

http://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/leisure/archives/sro/

perhaps you could email them?
Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline handm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 December 07 15:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Have you tried looking on freereg.org.uk?  I do not know if St Matthew's records are on yet, but if they are, they will give the names of the witnesses.
Enter the name and date you require, and Staffordshire - this should be enough to locate the marriage if it is there.

Handm
Names: Glover, Bissell, Gregory, Rigby, Willett, Wright, Taylor, Coleclough ,Wells, Foster, Morris, Weatherer, Spooner, James

Census information is Crown Copywright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gah

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 December 07 20:33 GMT (UK) »
  Hi Ecneps , 
     thank's for that

gah

Offline gah

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 16 December 07 20:36 GMT (UK) »
   Handm 
                  Thank you  ;D  guesss what  , tried the free reg and found it
    i'm sooooo thrilled   :) :) :) thank you ,this has made my day !!!!

gah ;) ;)

Offline mrswoman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 19 December 07 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Wolverhampton Archives now have a CD of all Parish Entries, which have been transcribed, they are supposed to be making it available on line.  mrswoman.

Offline gah

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 20 December 07 13:37 GMT (UK) »
mrswoman ,
                     Thank you for that i will see if i can find details of this on line as it would be very useful to have a copy
                  gah

Merry Christmas :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline mrswoman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 20 December 07 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello gah, don't think they have put it on line yet, just said they will, you can phone and ask them to check something for you, it is all listed in alphabetical order, really easy to find people.  Good luck from mrswoman.

Offline Heberax

• RootsChat Extra
  • Gadd Family Coat Of Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 30 January 08 23:13 GMT (UK) »
Gah
        dont know if you would like a photo of St mathews church but if so i have got one down loaded and i will post it here for you if its allowed or you can let me have your email add so i could pass it on, to you,
Gadd.(Old swinsford, Worcestershire-Sedgley-Dudley-W-ton -staffs,) Dunn.(Kingswinsford) Brittle.(North Seisdon -Staffs-Sedgley Lower& Upper Gornal)<br />Haywood.(Darlaston Staffs, Hammerwich Staffs,)<br />Colley.(Broseley, Shropshire, W-ton)<br />Blackford.(Wellsborn, Warwickshire, Middlesex, Surrey, Dover Kent,)<br />Mainwaring.(Ponttypridd, Wales, Cannock, W-ton)<br />Kraut.(Cannock) <br />Spencer.(chippingnorton ,oxfordshire, Ledwell,W-ton)<br />Willington.(Tettenhall Wood, W-ton, staffs)<br