Author Topic: Tulliallan - The Izatts & Allen's connection  (Read 2625 times)

Offline tommacgregor

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tulliallan - The Izatts & Allen's connection
« on: Saturday 15 December 07 07:32 GMT (UK) »

Hello,

Although I now live in the State of Victoria, Australia, I was born in the Lang Toun of Kirkcaldy in Fife. I have researched many individuals and some of them are from Tulliallan and Culross. I am more than happy to share the results of my research with any interested parties.

As examples:

William Izatt married Elspeth Couts on 8th February, 1755 at Tulliallan, Perthshire. His father was John Izatt who married Agnes Allen on 21st November, 1718 at Tulliallan, Perth. His grand-father was Thomas Izatt who married Bessie Smith about 1680 at Torryburn. (Unfortunately I have no details about Bessie). His great-grandfather was Thomas Izatt who married
Katherine Marshall on 20th November, 1655. Again, the information on this couple is pretty sketchy, as can be expected for this period. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The wife of John Izatt, Agnes Allen, was the daughter of James Allen, born about 1670 at Culross, Perth who married Janet Watson on 29th November, 1694 at Culross, Perthshire. James' father was was John Allen, born 2nd March, 1628 at Perth, Perthshire and married Christine Bull on 23rd May, 1663 at Perth, Perthshire. Again, because of the period, details around this date are rather sparse so, if anyone can assist, I would be very grateful.

I have many hundreds of entries relating to various individuals such as:

Armstrong, Beveridge, Birse, Jackson, Ferns, Forsyth, Hepburn, Cook, Livingstone, Nielson, Page (Peage), Reid Strang, Wilson and many more.

These individuals come from all areas of Scotland including Fife, Clackmannan, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire, Perth and Wigtownshire.

I will do my level best to assist.

Regads,

Tom.