Author Topic: 1841/61 Dysart census  (Read 7351 times)

Offline sleepy

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/61 Dysart census
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 01 November 05 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marilyn

I am researching two of the family names you have listed:- Morris and Syme.  My grandmother was Margaret Syme bn St David's, Dalgety,  and my gt grandmother Margaret Morris also born St David's.  Have you come across any links to these families in the parishes of Inverkeithing, Dalgety and Aberdour?  What is your connection?

Regards
Tricia
Syme, Morris, Innes, Fife

Offline welch41

• Error with email address please contact support
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 12:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tricia,
thanks for your reply.
So far I have no connections with Dalgety.The Symes I have are from Dysart/Kircaldly area.
Morris is a name I have come across only recently but I will working on that one soon.
I will be in touch if I can make a connection.
Thanks again
Regards
Marilyn[welch41]
Sussex-Killick,Balconbe
Scotland-Walker,Syme,Duguid,Gray,Galloway,Swan,Robertson,Davidson.Dysart area
England-Cambs-Pett
Suffolk-Fish

Offline bluemale38

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 22 June 06 19:23 BST (UK) »
I have access to the 1841 Census for Dysart if you can tell me what you want to know.

Hello sorry to bother you i see you have access to the census record for Dysart for some time i have been trying to find a record for the birth of a John Hinksman or he maybe down as Hicksman, he was born in Dysart in 1816 and have been trying for some time to find his birth entry so i can check his father and mothers names  MODERATOR COMMENT: email address removed to avoid spam and other abuses. Please use personal message system to share email addresses and other personal details. Thank You if you could help thanks
Hinksman, Forrest, Lowe. Low,Coull, Stewert, Todd, Brown, Brand Hutchison, Little,Flynn, Gracie,Johnstone, Fairweather,Davidson,MurDoch,Trottor,Smith,Scobie,Rodger