Author Topic: Marley/Robertson. Prestonpans  (Read 3739 times)

Offline Joynewfie

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marley/Robertson. Prestonpans
« on: Sunday 16 December 07 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi all

its Me again  asking for more Help......

one set of my Gtx3  grandparents are John Marley and Mary and Robertson,
they were married on the 5th of May 1833 at Prestonpans East lothian,

their son John Robertson Marley was born 23 april 1834......   I can trace them forward from here.

but any idea how I find out how to go back further with John and MARY

THANKS

JOY
Avery,Northumberland. Holmes, Northumberland, Jobson,Northumberland. Dickson Scotland? Northumberland. Marley Bedlington And Durham.

Offline Joynewfie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Marley/Robertson. Prestonpans
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 December 07 00:19 GMT (UK) »
oops!!! it should have read  MARY ANN ROBERTSON,,,,,,

Sorry folks

Joy
Avery,Northumberland. Holmes, Northumberland, Jobson,Northumberland. Dickson Scotland? Northumberland. Marley Bedlington And Durham.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 December 07 00:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello Joy  :)

As you say that you can trace them forwards after 1834, could you give us any information that you know from censuses, etc.  that would pinpoint their ages and places of birth. What censuses do they appear on? Did they die in Scotland? What were the names, in birth order,  of their children?

Regards

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 17 December 07 00:47 GMT (UK) »
See this posting:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,273951.0.html

HI Folks

looking for any info on John Marley born around 1811...in Durham....was living in Prestonpans East Lothian in 1833/34 or before............. He Married Mary  Ann Robertson in May 1833 in Prestonpans,
their Son my Gt Gt Grandfather was born April 1834 at Prestonpans...........then they moved back to the Northeast........  not sure where...........but John R Marley worked at and Lived at Bedlington Colliery on later Census... married to Hannah.......... I can follow from their. found his death down the Mine in 1894 age 60....... but would love to know if anyone can help with his parents
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Joynewfie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 17 December 07 01:03 GMT (UK) »
Sorry My Mistake.............. I meant to say that we John Robertson Marley and Wife Hannah Hatch and Children living in Bedlington,  my Nephew found it..........will ask him for info........

their Daughter Alice aged 20 on the 1881 Census was working as a servant in Jesmond, older brother George had left home,
then Alice married John Jobson in 1894 and My Maternal Grandfather John Robinson Marley Jobson was born on the 27th Dec 1885.......  on the east lothian web site I found John Marley's Baptism, and on Scotsfind their is a pages dedicated to the Name Robertson and that is where I found the Marriage,
 but I should have put it better on quote...........sorry don't know anything about John and Mary....

other than someone else researching the same name and MARLEY Family has John as been born in Durham around 1811..........

sorry for Mistake

Joy