Author Topic: Marriage Lookup - MOSER/FREWEN - Chipping Barnet  (Read 651 times)

Offline MJohn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Marriage Lookup - MOSER/FREWEN - Chipping Barnet
« on: Tuesday 18 December 07 03:11 GMT (UK) »
Iam trying to confirm that Isaac Moser married Sarah Frewen
on 25 October 1685 in Chipping Barnet. Could someone be kind enough to check the register to confirm that the spellings of the surnames are indeed correct.
I got the details from the IGI records and now require to know that the records have been transcribed correctly

Thank you in anticipation
John

Offline Rick

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Emails are not working at the moment sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Lookup - MOSER/FREWEN - Chipping Barnet
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 December 07 12:51 GMT (UK) »
Welcome MJohn!

I hope that you will visit us often and make lots of progress with your research.  Please be sure to register your surnames on our SURNAME INTERESTS TABLE.  Even if no-one on RootsChat is currently researching the same line, our membership is growing daily and eventually you may meet up with a distant relative.

Some Herts RootsChatters do go to HALS regularly and may be able to help you with this particular request.  Here's hoping!

Kind Regards
Rick :)

Herts Moderator.
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline petercornish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 January 08 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi John,

I found the Chipping Barnet entry and can confirm that Isaac and Sarah were married on 25October 1685.    Isaac is clearly shown as MOSER but Sarah's surname is a little doubtful.    The IGI gives FREWIN, the Allen Index for Hertfordshire gives FROWEN and by comparing the handwriting, I feel it could also be HOWEN.   
Not very helpful I'm afraid.

Regards   ...   Peter   
Census information is Crown Copyright http:/www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MJohn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 January 08 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Peter, your assistance is appreciated. I was hoping that Isaacs surname might have been wrong !! I am trying to find a marriage record of Isaac Moore and Sarah Frewen. In some records Moore has become Mores/Moores and i wondered if the Moser was actually Mores,

Thank you once again
John
Australia