Author Topic: PrueM's Scavenger Hunt ........Everybody Welcome To Join In.  (Read 25124 times)

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
Re: PrueM's Scavenger Hunt ........Everybody Welcome To Join In.
« Reply #117 on: Thursday 24 January 08 00:21 GMT (UK) »
Blimey Toni, that was a marathon typing session!!  :o :D
I've printed it all out and will check through it to see if there are any more places i can hunt for these rellies of mine. 
I've already been onto the Jersey archives catalogue and found four entries for Catherine LENNON in the general hospital (over four years) - according to the archivist who I contacted about it, the hospital was also the poorhouse  :'(  and the fact that she was there for four years as an elderly person probably means she was not ill, just destitute  :'( 
Anyway, for the princely sum of 7pounds 50 PER RECORD they will copy the four entries for me.   :o :o :o  Luckily a kind Rootschatter contacted me by PM, to let me know that their mum is going to be doing a week of family history research in the archives on Jersey next month, and would I like her to copy anything for me? 

I love Rootschat!

Thank you all  :-*

Prue

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: PrueM's Scavenger Hunt ........Everybody Welcome To Join In.
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday 12 February 08 12:20 GMT (UK) »
did that give you any fresh ideas?
Toni
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive