Author Topic: PrueM's Scavenger Hunt ........Everybody Welcome To Join In.  (Read 25125 times)

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
Re: PrueM's Scavenger Hunt ........Everybody Welcome To Join In.
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 19 December 07 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lesanne - looks right to me  :)

According to the 1851, Thomas was born in Ireland.

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 19 December 07 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Thomas her husband seemd to have served in an army and is registered as a chelsea pensioner in 1851, and in 1861 Catherine is with another retired army person, - there must be records of his service somewhere

Hi Toni,
That's another Thomas who served in the army, my Thomas is a Stonemason in 1851 :-\

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 19 December 07 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello all!

Wow  ;)  I leave you alone for a few hours and you come up with all this...thank you so much!

Interesting find, Lesanne, of Catherine LENNON in the hospital - a very big coincidence if it is just a coincidence.

And Toni - you've been working hard!  All those Cassidys in the CI...although I suppose it's a fairly common name.  I hope there's a Cornwall connection too!  THat would make life a bit easier!  ;D

I haven't looked at the 1841/51 Ireland abstracts - didn't know they existed, actually  :-\  Where would I find them?

THank you all, looking forward to seeing what comes next!

Prue x

Cassidy does not seem to be that common in the CI so perhaps they are connected ??? -

The 1841/51 ireland Abstracts are on Ancestry

where did you fidnthe marriage for Thomas Cassidy & catherine Lennon ?

i looked on familysearch.org and the Penhale marriage came up as submitted however i double checked on Phillimores, considering Catherine came from England, i thought perhaps Thomas married her after he left ireland ont eh way to the CI
Dublin -  Liverpool - Plymouth to CI ??
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 19 December 07 20:05 GMT (UK) »
Thomas her husband seemd to have served in an army and is registered as a chelsea pensioner in 1851, and in 1861 Catherine is with another retired army person, - there must be records of his service somewhere

Hi Toni,
That's another Thomas who served in the army, my Thomas is a Stonemason in 1851 :-\

yes i was mistaken that is Harriets husband
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 19 December 07 20:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Toni  :)

I don't have a marriage for Thomas and Catherine.  I have a baptism for their daughter Rosetta, from the IGI, which is a submitted record  :-\  but which shows Catherine's surnames of Lennon or Simmons.

The other children are either from the Pedigree Resource file of a cousin, family research of another cousin, or from the Parish Register as accessed by Rootschatter Scatty in 2005:

I have checked through St Mary & St Peters Baptism index, period 1811 to 1839. These are the only  available records  for public viewing at the archive centre  for this church so I will outline as follows a couple of Cassidy Families . Please let me know if this is of any help or if you need a follow up.

1st Family
Parents Thomas & Catherina

children

Rosetta baptised 7/11/1831 which iseems to be your Rosetta
Maria baptised 18/10/1833
Franciscus Fredericus baptised 17/2/1838
Jacobus Andreas baptised 1835 but seems to be two dates,will need to clarify which

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 19 December 07 21:13 GMT (UK) »
do you have the children of Thomas & Catherinein later census?

also i think if we can find a Thomas & Catherine Cassidy in Cornwall (Kenwyn would be great) we can rule out the Catherine Penhale conncetion

Offline deb usa

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 19 December 07 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Toni

I have just put in Cass*dy b Cornwall , or living in Cornwall ....in 1841 ...There are NONE ....

deb
Travellers = Penfold, Orchard, James
Devon = Middleton,  Waterfield, Adams, Clark/e, Gould
Cornwall = Palmer, Carnarton, Slack/Smith. Morris/h
Wales, New Quay = James, Evans

All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 19 December 07 21:25 GMT (UK) »
(this first bit is just to remind me really!)

we have established Thomas Cassidy was born circa 1801 in ireland
he maried Catherine unk. from England and had children in the 1830s in CI

so the marriage to Catherine Penhale cannot be your Thomas as he would be    -4 years old  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
now,
I found this Thomas Cassidy in 1841 in England born his age at the time of the census makes him born  circa 1801 and his p.o.b is Ireland :~

HO107 33 2 6 6
North Croft Lane Newbury (Berks)
Thomas Cassidy 40 ag lab I(ireland)
James do. 10 I(reland)

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 19 December 07 21:32 GMT (UK) »
If this was Thomas Cassidys first marriage he would be 30, what was the average age for marrying back then? younger than 30 for the females certainly.

interestingly i have found in 1841 another Thomas / catherina Casady (note the spelling) in Lancs.
it clearly says on the image I (for Ireland) but the transcribeer has put down Bolton le Moors Salford Lancs for his POB
and ..... heres the good bit .... this Thomas is a stone mason

coronation street Bolton
Thomas Casady 40 Stone Mason Ireland
Catherinn 35 b. do.
Henry 15 Card...... Y (born in county)
Catheren 13 pieces Y
Ann 5 Y
Thomas 2 Y

HO107 535 9 12 19