Author Topic: Marriage  (Read 1674 times)

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Marriage
« on: Thursday 27 December 07 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Can anybody help me with this,

I have tried to find a marriage  for a

John Henry Welsby B 1912 Shifnall.   And a Phyllis A roberts B I think Mk drayton 1914.  Its not on free bmd,  It should be around 1946ish  both parties are decesed,  I would really love to find the vol no page no , I have Ancestry but its playing up,

Pete :) :)

Edwards, mainly Cound, Frodesely, Acton Burnell. Pitchford. and surrounding villages, Shropshire, /  Rowe, Cound, / Littlehales, Berrington, Shropshire / Radford, Dublin, /   Maguire, Acton Burnell, /  Rudge, Frodesely, /

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 December 07 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pete,

not found 1940-1950 inc

Barbara   :-\
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 December 07 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for the try Barbra.  :) :)

Happy new year all
Edwards, mainly Cound, Frodesely, Acton Burnell. Pitchford. and surrounding villages, Shropshire, /  Rowe, Cound, / Littlehales, Berrington, Shropshire / Radford, Dublin, /   Maguire, Acton Burnell, /  Rudge, Frodesely, /

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 December 07 18:08 GMT (UK) »
Could it be earlier or later do you think?  Will have a look 5 yrs either way of those years if you like?  Or could it be under Wilby/Willby perhaps, didn't look for that  :-\

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 28 December 07 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbra  :)

Thats very kind of the offer,  I was up at my brothers on xmas day and the Sis in law asked if I could give her older brother a hand to get started on her line, she told me all she knew, about her mum and dad, I managed to find his birth reg in Shifnal 1912,  she never knew when they got married but she told me they wasent married in 1944 as they were still writing to each other ( sorry should of posted this bit  :( )
I think her grandad was Joseph henry Welsby who married Caroline Pearce reg Shifnal 1907,  brother as sis in law  at this time are about halfway across the pond to spend n.y.d. in the big apple so I cannot ask them any more. although I dont think she knows any more.

John Henry Welsby was in the North Staffs Regiment No 5048379

If I try to find a Joseph henry Welsby on the 1901 census guessing his age  I come to Lancashire.

Any advice on this would be much appriciated

Best wishes all :) :)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 28 December 07 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pete,

Yes, lots of Joseph Welsbys in Lancs 1901 and lots of Caroline Pearces anywhere but Shifnal!!
 :-\

Obviously you need their marriage cert to get further back on that one, but odd that I can't find the son's marriage reg 1940-1950

Will have another look under Wel/lby and look from 1950 onwards later on tonight

Barbara   :)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 29 December 07 01:20 GMT (UK) »
1950-1955 nothing, sorry

:-\

Barbara

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 30 December 07 20:39 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for the effort Barbra :) Im glad its not just me who cant find it :D :D

Have a peaceful new year

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 30 December 07 23:04 GMT (UK) »
Same to you Pete, and when sister-in-law comes back from NY she'll need to fork out for the grandparents' marriage cert!

All the best,
Barbara

:)