Author Topic: Leng/Knight family  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Peggy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Leng/Knight family
« on: Monday 31 December 07 19:06 GMT (UK) »
If anyone is interested in the Leng.Knight family of Arlesey Beds and Hitchin, Herts. I may have some information of interest

Peggy
Gallagher Co Meath, Ire
Crowcock Co Meath , Ire
Knight Herts Eng
Armstrong Herts Eng
King Herts Eng
Price Bucks/Herts
Line Bucks/Herts
Hide/Hyde Herts

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Leng/Knight family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 31 December 07 21:31 GMT (UK) »
hi . i have a Sarah knight aged 29 in 1794. She was a maid servant who got pregnant to a  spanish dignitary and he gave her a home in Brompton and Chelsea . there was some dispute and in 1818 she got a "Paid Man " Ian king to sort it out . I do not know where she originated from but she was not born in Countyin the Chelsea 1841 census . . She lived at  16 College road , 7 Church st. queens elm and then 123 Fulham Road until her death in 1841. Just thought it was a coincidence that you had both King and Knight in your research . wouldn't it be great if we connected . Jan :D :D
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline Peggy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Leng/Knight family
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 January 08 15:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan, I don`t see where we could be connected. My Knights and Kings are from Hitchin, Herts. I just happen to have info on Leng/Knight since they showed up in my own research. The seem to be out of Arseley Beds.
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Peggy
Gallagher Co Meath, Ire
Crowcock Co Meath , Ire
Knight Herts Eng
Armstrong Herts Eng
King Herts Eng
Price Bucks/Herts
Line Bucks/Herts
Hide/Hyde Herts