Author Topic: Florence Cecilia Ranney  (Read 4688 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Florence Cecilia Ranney
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 01 January 08 15:42 GMT (UK) »
Phooey, I was hoping, as the name isn't that prevalent, and the name Florence isn't used that often either...I had seen some movement by her into New York on ancestry, but don't have access...So guess she was returning, then...Oh, well, always worth a try!
all the best....and Happy New Year All.....J.J.

http://www.ogs.on.ca/ogspi/r/rann.htm#ranney
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline mrbloggins

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 01 January 08 16:05 GMT (UK) »
Actually it wasn't such a bad thought.  Family chatter does have her marrying an American and moving to the US (Michigan and New York are suggested), but that's where the trail ends.  There's no marriage records I can find in Canada so perhaps she went south for the ceremony.  And who knows?  Langley could still be an option and the fact that there's a Florence G Langley in Toronto at the time of Arthur's marriage could just be a coincidence.

On another note, I just found her mother's family listed on the 1852CA census.  It shows Marion Grant as being born in 1835 in Canada, not 1844 in Scotland as I had previously stated.  That year also agrees with the year on the 1881 census link that Indiapaleale attached to this posting.  Makes much more sense - I was always uncomfortable with having Marion married at 13.
Atkinson, Ranney, Bludd, Blud, Bittner, Mason, Dixon, Bainbridge

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 01 January 08 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Yeah, the 13 was a bit dicey....but not totally unheard of, either....Has anyone checked the 1851 for Marian ( Marion) Grant with family? There is one in York county ( becomes Toronto)  born  in 1835

Oops, forgive me for skimming earlier, as your earlier paragraph says you saw the census... ( worded as 1852CA )
I guess I didn't reconise the off date, so wasn't paying attention, sorry
 :D  J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 01 January 08 22:11 GMT (UK) »
This could be of some interest to you. On Ancestry, there is the "Cairns Family History" that mentions Charles Maduke Ranney that married Eliza Cuff. His parents were Malcolm Ranney and Marion Grant. Other children mentioned were Arthur Earrington Ranney and Harriett Constance Ranney. They were all born in the Halton region in Ontario.

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie

Offline mrbloggins

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 01 January 08 23:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info Janice.  I've found a link with the owner's email address and will be contacting them.

Thanks again.
Atkinson, Ranney, Bludd, Blud, Bittner, Mason, Dixon, Bainbridge

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 02 January 08 00:11 GMT (UK) »
Here is some more information. (Halton Region) Still no Florence,  :-\ but I'll keep looking.

You probably have this already, but I will post it just in case.

http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~maryc/old7.htm

Marriage:
October 31, 1857
By license
Malcolm Ranney of Sharon, C.W.
Bachelor
Marion GRANT, of Toronto
Spinster
Marriage Performed by: Edmund BALDWIN
Assistant Minister - St. James

Lot's of information;

Halton's Historical & Newspaper Records
http://www.halinet.on.ca/localhistory/forms.htm

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 02 January 08 00:28 GMT (UK) »
I always love it when we find them in "books".  ;D

The Medical profession in Upper Canada, 1783-1850
http://www.ourroots.ca/e/page.aspx?id=618235

Malcolm & Marion's Marriage (Book)
http://www.ourroots.ca/e/page.aspx?id=774950

If you check out this site, you will probably find other family members.

OurRoots
http://www.ourroots.ca/e/

Janice

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 02 January 08 00:35 GMT (UK) »
There is an Arthur Calvert Ranny crossing the border at Buffalo as a medical technician to go and work at the hospital in North Tonawonda, NY.  He is married to a Lilly who lives in Niagara Falls, Ontario.  This is in 1945.

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 02 January 08 00:43 GMT (UK) »
There is the following death registration:

Harriett Ranney
Date of Death:  April 14, 1899
Residence:  14 Main St. East, Georgetown
Single
Cause of Death:  Brights Disease, 6 months
Information:  C M Ranney
Religion:  Church of England

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!