Author Topic: Turville Parish Registers  (Read 1094 times)

Offline petere

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Turville Parish Registers
« on: Tuesday 01 January 08 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,
I'm looking to buy a cd of the PRs for Turville, does anyone know where I can get a copy?
A few months ago I was in contact with someone on Genes who mentioned that his info came from a Turville PRs cd. I have tried to contact this person but have had no reply.
Thanks  --  Peter E

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Re: Turville Parish Registers
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 January 08 20:11 GMT (UK) »
I'm not aware that there is a CD available for Turville parish records as a whole, but marriages are available through S&N Genealogy Supplies.

You might be able to get access to transcriptions of the PRs if you joined Bucks FHS or Bucks GS, but you'd have to check on that.

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline PaulaToo

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me 'n Gerry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 January 08 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Peter, if you join Bucks GS
http://www.bucksgs.org.uk/
they have transcriptions of many of the Bucks Parish Registers, which you can borrow for the cost of postage, and keep for a month.
They do not have all of them, but I see they do have Turville Marriages up to 1837

Good luck, they are a marvelous bunch and well worth joining. I know I'm having a great time with them.
Bartlett/Henley on Thames
Caponhurst/Buckinghamshire and?
Denchfield/North Marston/Bucks
Webb/Winchester
Mathias/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
John/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
Smith/Portsmouth/Portsea
Purchas/Bucks and?
Olliffe/Bucks

Offline petere

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 January 08 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Paula & Jill,
Thanks for your helpful replies.
My contact finally got back to me and I now know that the cd is the Phillimores Bucks marriages from S&N.
I was actually hoping to find early baptisms and burials also but I suspect that it may not be possible as the Bucks local studies centre at Aylesbury do not have these records so perhaps they no longer exist.
I have looked into buying a cd from BucksFHS but they do not have one for my most important Bucks parishes ie Hambleden & Turville.
I am able to get to Aylesbury reasonably easily in a day and have been there perhaps 8 times now .
Thanks
Regards  --  Peter

Offline PaulaToo

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me 'n Gerry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 January 08 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Good luck Peter. I have found Bucks to be one of the best counties as far as family history is concerned.
I've got my tree back to a bloke who dies in 1558, so he must have been born near 1500, and it's all thanks to Bucks GS.
Smashing bunch, and people who have dropped into the records office there for me have said they are great as well.
Bartlett/Henley on Thames
Caponhurst/Buckinghamshire and?
Denchfield/North Marston/Bucks
Webb/Winchester
Mathias/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
John/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
Smith/Portsmouth/Portsea
Purchas/Bucks and?
Olliffe/Bucks