Author Topic: Brickwall demolished!  (Read 1516 times)

Offline rubyrose

• RootsChat Senior
  • Mum - thanks to RC Restorers
    • View Profile
Brickwall demolished!
« on: Wednesday 02 January 08 23:02 GMT (UK) »
Happy New Year to you all.

Just wanted to share some really good news as you have all tried to help me at some time or other with my husband's Cheshire ancestors.

Two days before Christmas I was contacted by a Rootchatter who had seen an old post of mine, bemoaning the fact that I couldn't find the Calveley family beyond 1805. This wonderful man turned out to have been researching the Calveley family for a long time and his wife is a distant cousin of my husbands.

Once we had established the connection I got an email with a gedcom file containing all the family information, back to the 1500s, that I had been unable to find! How about that for a Christmas present and what a generous thing to do.

There are so many acts of kindness on Rootschat but this one has really taken my breath away.

With kind regards

Ruby
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BAKER - Lancashire, Cheshire, BUCHANAN - Glasgow, Lancashire, LAWRENCE - Jamaica, Lancashire, JONES - Shropshire, Lancashire, SHAWCROSS - Lancashire, India,  MONTAGU - Lancashire, America, MORRISON - Fife, Lancashire, SEDDON DUTTON HESKETH  - Lancashire, WHITEHEAD - Yorkshire, WIDDOWS - Ireland

Offline daval57

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Christmas 2011. My daughter Clare with me.
    • View Profile
Re: Brickwall demolished!
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 January 08 23:11 GMT (UK) »
That's fantastic Ruby.
That's what RC seems to be all about.
I'm really pleased for you.

Great start to 2008.

I hope we all get the same kind of results.

All the best for the rest of the year.

Dave

-------------------
FORREST (Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire and Dunbartonshire)
ROONEY (Co Down, Co Antrim) 
BORTHWICK, FORTUNE, BARKER, SIVES (Lothians)
ANDERSON (Moray, Caithness)

Offline rubyrose

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 January 08 00:56 GMT (UK) »
All the best to you too Dave - hope you have lots of luck with your searches.

It certainly was a great start to 2008 for me.

Regards

Ruby

BAKER - Lancashire, Cheshire, BUCHANAN - Glasgow, Lancashire, LAWRENCE - Jamaica, Lancashire, JONES - Shropshire, Lancashire, SHAWCROSS - Lancashire, India,  MONTAGU - Lancashire, America, MORRISON - Fife, Lancashire, SEDDON DUTTON HESKETH  - Lancashire, WHITEHEAD - Yorkshire, WIDDOWS - Ireland

Offline Emmeline

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Emma Louisa Tricker (1885-1958)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 January 08 01:18 GMT (UK) »
What a wonderful Christmas present Ruby. Guess you havn't come down to earth yet - I know I wouldn't have.

Wishing you even  more luck with your family research  in 2008..... though this should keep you going for quite a while yet.     :) :) :)

Offline liverpool annie

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 03 January 08 01:41 GMT (UK) »

Ruby .... that's wonderful !!  :D :D

I know how hard you've worked on that family !! I wish you many more successes this year !!

Annie  :) :) :)
Cooper : Muels : Howarth : Every : Price : King

http://web.archive.org/web/20130407030702/http://www.freewebs.com/liverpoolannie

http://web.archive.org/web/20130407191115/http://manchestersoldiers.webs.com

http://web.archive.org/web/20130807102055/http://www.powv.webs.com/
Be who you are and say what you feel -  because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind ! Dr. Seuss

Erect no gravestone .... let the Rose every year bloom for his sake ! Rilke Sonnets to Orpheus, I

Offline rubyrose

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 03 January 08 02:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Emmeline and Annie - did try my best and I even had help from you Annie, remember you found them on the Cheshire tithe maps in Bromborough in 1846. Just couldn't find them in the parish records but now, thanks to Edgar, I have all the information I could wish for!

Hope you are keeping well Annie - and that 2008 is a happy and lucky year for you both.

With very best wishes.

Ruby

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 03 January 08 06:42 GMT (UK) »
Ruby

How fantastic! Hope you find even more this year! It really goves me hope with my brickwalls when you see things like this so thank you too Edgar.

Best wishes  :D :D :D

Ann

PS either of you any good at irish stuff ? Have a few well hidden........

Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-

Offline rubyrose

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 03 January 08 13:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ann

Best wishes for 2008 to you too, hope your brickwalls come tumbling down this year.

Irish stuff is the worst isn't it? I have five Irish families on my dad's side and I have only been able to find one of them. Most of the census returns just put 'Ireland' but even if you know the county its still almost impossible to track them.

Best wishes with your searching.

Ruby

Offline KathMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 03 January 08 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Ruby,

Wonderful news. There are some great people out there, and many are right here on Rootschat.

Kath
Sligo: Davey (also Mayo), McCluskey, McNulty
Wexford and Staffordshire: Hayes, McClean
Galway and Staffordshire: Scott
Coventry: Wells, Collins, Palmer, Moody, Beck, Mickelwright, Husbands
Ireland: McNulty (Sligo), Kealy, Murphy (Carlow) Connolly, Gillen, Powell, Ryan, Moore, Martin
Davis from I don't know where originally
Stahl, Russia to England to USA