Author Topic: Peake/Arthur....  (Read 2578 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Peake/Arthur....
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 10 January 08 15:48 GMT (UK) »
This is very interesting to me Glenys,the reference you made concerning the Peake Surname to Denbighshire.As you will see from my Tree,I have the Peake Surname as a Bloodline,and my own particular Brickwall is a Richard Peake born somewhere in c 1710,who is the earliest one I have.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline garthur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 10 January 08 16:34 GMT (UK) »
William Jones...that was my father's name!!

Strangely, Richard is another name that has started turning up in our own tree...

I'm dashing off to work again in a few minutes but I WILL get back to you.  My son is hoping to get to Denbighshire this summer to try to locate that link - if any!

We must be back to about the same dates  - you with Richard and us with Simon!!

Glenys (nee Jones)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 10 January 08 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Glenys,and my Grandfather on my Jones side was one William Simon Jones,and like the John Peake you mentioned in your first message,was apparently left a row of houses in a Will.They suffered the same fate,for Will Simon(as he was known),also gambled his relative fortune away one night,after being supplied with a suitable amount of drink for the purpose by people who were working for a local land owner in the area.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline garthur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 13 January 08 23:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi to Ricky

Just had confirmation from Australia that our Simon Jones (or one of them!!) is the one who died Wisbech in 1839.

Have also received copy of the original Will - interesting reading.  It was written on 11th January 1810 and the Copy was proven in 1819.

So it was Simon, Simon and Simon for 3 generations!!  The writer of the Will who was Simon was also the son of another Simon....

Simon Will Writer (it's how I differentiate between them!) was married to a Sarah. 

We are definitely on the track now!!

Many thanks, again.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 13 January 08 23:44 GMT (UK) »
Its a coincidence only perhaps,that Simon Jones was in my Family for six generations!Where was the Simon Jones that died in 1839 born?

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline garthur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 14 January 08 13:04 GMT (UK) »
William, our Simon is Simon Peake - so the link would be with your Richard, I think?

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 14 January 08 14:55 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Glenys,and if I had read the thread very closely,I would have seen it!

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire