Author Topic: Where did they put him - Suggestions please!  (Read 696 times)

Offline Old Mother Reilly

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Where did they put him - Suggestions please!
« on: Friday 04 January 08 14:39 GMT (UK) »
Dear All:

I have been searching for the grave of a 2xgt grandfather of mine, William Hunt.  He wandered about the country a good deal in the course of his employment as a domestic coachman:  he was born in Milford/Lymington, Hants; moved to London; married and brought his family back down south to Kingston in Portsmouth before moving to Wiltshire, first to Calne and then to Neston.  I believe he may have been employed as coachman at Neston Park when he contracted pneumonia and died in the Royal United Hospital in Bath in February 1876. 

I have enquired at Bath NES archives but they can find no record of his burial in the parish of St. James (where the hospital was at that time), so I enquired of the Wiltshire archives and they can find no record of his burial in Corsham/Neston - any suggestions as to where I might search now?  The National Burial Index seems a bit patchy in this area and I have found nothing in the on-line non-conformist records (which I tried, just in case). 

Any suggestions as to where I might try to find him will be most welcome as I confess myself flummoxed!

Rachel
Stevens (Devizes, Calne, Wootton Bassett): Hunt (Milford/Lymington, Calne): Moore/Rudland (Ipswich): Whitlock (Pitton & Farley): Hayter (Whiteparish)

O'Reilly (Sheffield, Flint, L'pool, Co. Longford): Foxton (Sheffield, Northallerton, Thirsk): Spragg (St. Teath, Delabole, Pengelly): Stabb (Berry Pomeroy)

Gore (Newbury, Wigan): Hawkins (Gt Bedwyn/Hungerford): Massey/Wallis (Shalbourne): Mildenhall (Ogbourne): Smith/Lilley (Nhants): Wernham (Chieveley): Woosnam (Mont./Salop): Yaldwyn (Blackdown)