Author Topic: Have you ever had one of those moments?  (Read 2005 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Have you ever had one of those moments?
« on: Monday 03 January 05 22:14 GMT (UK) »
Having had a very frustrating day with no luck with 1837 online and now Rootschat.com giving me the sorry we're busy page for an hour or so, I turned to my partner and told him that the problem is there are too many people doing family trees, they really should get out and get a life!!?? 

He looked over his book at me and said  "I know." and went back to his book.   ::) ::)

I said no more!!!!  :-[
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever had one of those moments?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 January 05 00:44 GMT (UK) »
I quite agree - this is really my site - I come hear to listen to a few friends!!

I just happen to log in every day just to check the site is all right - and now its getting busier - I didn't realise I had so many friends!!

Never mind  - perhaps we can all swop more info - so long as I can still log on when I want to!!

Cheers
Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 May 06 14:24 BST (UK) »
Hiya kerryb,

I'm just wondering..was your partner reading a book about genealogy ???

Chris

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 08 May 06 15:53 BST (UK) »
Chris

I doubt it very much, he thinks I'm a bit strange getting all obsessive about finding what came before.  ::) ::) ::)

I tell him he's strange because he's not interested in what came before. :o :o :o :o

Mind you saying that, when I started looking at his tree recently, he wouldn't leave me alone, got all excited and kept saying what you found.  If I continue I think he could get addicted too. ;D ;D ;D

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Christopher

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 May 06 16:02 BST (UK) »
Hiya Kerry,

I made a discovery about genealogy and Rootschat. You wont believe it.
I used to go to the local for a drink several nights a week..social drinking I think it is called. I was able to get local history information from the locals. Now I find the Rootschat social scene so much better than the pub
I have cut the drinking to an occasional double whiskey. I recommend Rootschat to anyone with a drink problem. You need a clear mind when hunting for those elusive ancestors. Tripping over gravestones with too much drink in you is not advised. :D

Chris

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 08 May 06 16:32 BST (UK) »
LOL!!!!

Mind you, if you are able to multi task, (apparently men find it difficult!!!) ;) ;) ;) ;) you can drink and chat on rootschat at the same time!!!

Kerry ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Christopher

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 08 May 06 16:50 BST (UK) »
I agree Kerry,

But I no longer wish to drink other than fruit juice, tea, milk.. anything non alchohol :D

Chris 

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 08 May 06 17:30 BST (UK) »
Well at the mo I am having to behave like "those that have a life" My Laptop has been sent for a service and this PC is the business one which has no Family history info on it at all - no tree software or anything.

All I can do is sit and read the posts and maybe answer some but no work can be done

It's not fair  :'( - I miss my laptop already and only went this morning

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 08 May 06 17:53 BST (UK) »
Oh Carol and what am I going to do for 8 DAYS  ::) ::) ::)

Do you have the name of that internet cafe in Dublin Chris  ??? But it would be easier if there was one in Cork  :D

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***