Author Topic: Tudor in Newbridge, Denbighshire  (Read 1961 times)

Offline christie

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Tudor in Newbridge, Denbighshire
« on: Tuesday 04 January 05 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help me to locate the Tudor family of Newbridge, near Wrexham?

My great-grandmother Mary Tudor was born c1830 at Newbridge.  She married a William Pearce in or around Wrexham c1860, they had three children, Mary Ann born in Barrow-in-Furness, and William and Sarah (my grand-mother) were both born in Southsea, again near Wrexham.

In the 1881 Census they were living in Madeley, Staffordshire.  In 1892 my grand-mother married James Ince in Bolton, Lancashire.

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
Re: Tudor in Newbridge, Denbighshire
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 January 05 12:28 GMT (UK) »
I've just had a look at the north Wales BMD but couldn't find a marriage for Tudor/Pearce. I assume you haven't as yet managed to find the marraige cert, as you only give an approx. date.

I  think this would be the best step as it will give her age, residence and fathers name. Although not always correct, it should at least give you a pointer in the right direction.

You have her in 81 and 91. Have you managed to find her in the 71 census? I would then search the 51 census for her. The chances are slim, but she may well still be at home, hence you can find her parents and siblings names etc.

Good luck

D
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II