Author Topic: Elusive James BONNIN.  (Read 1017 times)

Offline LoneyBones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Wot, me worry?
    • View Profile
Elusive James BONNIN.
« on: Tuesday 08 January 08 06:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I've posted about James on the London forum but thought I'd put it here too.
I can't believe how elusive this man is, even biographers and historians can't find him.
James Bonnin was a famous builder (British History Online-The Smith's Charity Estate. & other sites.) I have his parents, James Bonnin and Susannah Brown, his sibling Catherine Ann Magdelene Bonnin, ch. Wandsworth, 1771. Then a gap of eight years to Samuel Bonnin, ch. Kings Weight House Independent, London, 1779 and 5 later sibs.
James, 1773 and Caroline, 1777, were born in the gap!
I've tried everywhere I can think of to find them. I have marriages for them both, children and deaths but NO BIRTH.
James married Mary Ann Aldridge in1838, (his second marriage) they had 5 children before they came to Australia. Their second daughter Susannah Maria Bonnin was my g-g-grandmother.
Any help would be most gratefully received.
Leonie.
Direct matriarchal line; ENNIS-Yeatman-Cooper-Papps-Ryland-Lechford/Luxford-Bagshaw-Henriett
ENNIS-Thomas-Bonnin-Aldridge-Williams-Harding-Brown.
ENNIS-Davis/Davies-Buck-Oakley-
JONES-Roberts-Handy-Ross-Warrillow-Eagles-Cotterill-Bailey.
JONES-Walton-Grayson-Stobbs-Baldwin-Ibbotson-Scott.
JONES-Goodwin-Parker-Instant-Hubbard-Hancock-Skinner.

STILL LOOKING FOR: Elizabeth Ann Balfour ENNIS nee DAVIS. Disappeared in Adelaide, South Australia. 1881.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elusive James BONNIN.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 January 08 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Perhaps he wasnt christened.
Or perhaps the family moved somewhere else between Wandsworth and back to London. Or even if they were within London, there are hundreds of parishes where he might have been christened.
I would just be grateful for all the info you have got and put the actual christeneing on to the back burner. You have obviously found enough info to prove he exists and to slot him in to the family reliably. You may or may not find it one day, frustrating if you dont, but that's the way this game goes!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk