Author Topic: Turnditch/Windley Warren family  (Read 21617 times)

Offline cherrypink

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Turnditch/Windley Warren family
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 13 May 09 16:24 BST (UK) »
...I'm a new member and haven't made sufficient posts to be able to respond - but this should do it!   Apologies to all for this!
Warren
Fenton
Houston
Turner
Derbyshire
Kingdom of Fife

Offline comillas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 15 July 09 15:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone

I only joined this site today and was most interested to read the Turnditch Warren page.  I have loads of information on the family and am descended from John Warren and Mary Ward.

I would love to exchange information with some of you.

Nice to meet you all

Offline cherrypink

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 15 July 09 16:24 BST (UK) »
Hi, Comillas!

I'm from the William Warren (b. 1813) branch - when you say you're decended from John Warren, is that Willaim's father, the C1773-born one, or the 1836-1879 one?  Mary Ward is a new name to me - could it be that you have information that we're all looking for - the link between the C1773-born one and the rest of the Turnditch-born and -buried Warrens?

VERY eager to hear more!   I'm just back from a visit to Turnditch with details of burial places of William and his wife Mary, his son John and 2nd wife Emma.

Best wishes,
Cherry
Warren
Fenton
Houston
Turner
Derbyshire
Kingdom of Fife

Offline comillas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 15 July 09 19:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Cherry

Lovely to hear from you. I will give you a few names to check over. (These were all obtained from a descendant of the Warren family, so hopefully should be correct).

John Warren (1727-56) married an Elizabeth (1730). They had 3 sons - John (1751-1829), Henry (1754), and Edward (1756).

John (1751) married Mary Ward (1760-1829). They had  daughters and 2 sons - John (1782) who married Elizabeth Coxam (1790) - from whom you are descended from William (1813), and James (1791) who married Elizabeth Pares (1796) - from whom I'm descended through their son John (1818) (the eldest son) who married Ann Goodall (1812). They were my gt grandfathers parents.

Hope this is all clear to you.

Regards
Comillas

Offline cherrypink

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 15 July 09 20:08 BST (UK) »
Wow!  Yes, it's clear, and this is news to me!  I - and Peter, and one or two others - have been struggling to make any headway prior to the birth of the birth of John in 1782-or-thereabouts, as we've been unable to find a definitive record of his birth (or of Eliz. Coxam's, come to that.)  Do you have copies of records, or perhaps notes of dates and places?   

Were these folks all Turnditch residents?  I checked the IGI after your earlier post, and found only two John Warren/Mary Ward marriages listed, one of Ashwell, Herts 1744, and one of Polesworth, Warks, 1791, neither of which seem to fit now that you've supplied their dates.

I've just returned from a trip there where I was able to photograph all the Warren records in the parish registers, if they're of interest to you.

Best wishes,
Cherry
Warren
Fenton
Houston
Turner
Derbyshire
Kingdom of Fife

Offline comillas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 15 July 09 20:39 BST (UK) »
I've got the Warren tree going back to c1683 starting in Polesworth with William. Sorry I cannot trace who he married but have been informed that he was a brickmaker who worked at both Calke Abbey and Melbourne Hall.

Not all the family were from Turnditch, but probably from villages round about. Like I said earlier a lot of my information comes from a descendant of the Warrens. Sorry to say I don't have any records or certificates as it was too early for most of them. I believe my source to be utterly reliable.

I can give you marriage dates of all those I mentioned in my last note.
John (1727) and Elizabeth (1730) were married 14 April 1750 at Melbourne.
John (1751) and Mary Ward (1760) were married 12 January 1780 at Polesworth.
John (1782) and Elizabeth Coxam (1790) were married 5 April 1812 at Wirksworth.
William (1813) and Mary Slater (1815) - a Turnditch girl - were married 17 May 1835 in Wirksworth.
James (1791) and Elizabeth Pares (1796) were married 6 November 1815 in Belton.
John (1818) and Ann Goodall (1812) were married in 1840 at Loughborough.

I would be very interested to see the parish register records. I was down in Derbyshire earlier in the year but unable to find out very much. I visited several of the churchyards but was unable to find any gravestones - a lot of them are so worn now.

Best Wishes
Comillas

Offline cherrypink

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 15 July 09 20:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Comillas - If you'd like to send me a private message with your email address, I'll forward some of the relevant records - this applies to amyone posting here.  Meanwhile, I'll try to make sense of this fascinating new information and see how it shapes my thinking on the stuff I already have.  The Melbourne connection counds familiar, tho'.

Cherry

Warren
Fenton
Houston
Turner
Derbyshire
Kingdom of Fife

Offline fairykelsey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Saturday 13 February 10 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Peter, Cherry and Grant

sorry i have been missing in action for several months, but i'm back now! :)

Peter; in answer to a previous question of yours. According to my family tree the Lay Preacher William Warren was my mums GGGG grandfather and it was he who married Esther Harlow his son John was my mums GGG grandfather..... but there were also several siblings from this marriage including a william Warren born 1813 dying in 1855.

In reference to the lay preacher, I contacted the society of Methodist preachers and they were able to send me some interesing information about him as apparantly he was fairly well known!!!

Amy