Author Topic: BC Death - Charles Kirby Waite  (Read 4129 times)

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
BC Death - Charles Kirby Waite
« on: Wednesday 09 January 08 05:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Would someone kindly look up this BC Death registration record for me:

Charles Kirby Waite died March 2, 1940 in West Vancouver.
BCA# B13167.
Registration # 1940-09-570521
GSU #: 1953627

I am curious to know if he was born in India and/or if his parents are listed as William Waite & Louisa Kirby.

Thank you,
Linda
Dorman, Waite, Moore, Clark/Clarke, Neil, Rennie/Rainey, Brown, Mclean, Day, Millar/Miller, Gunion/Gunzion, Thomson, Black, Milvain, McCubbin, Steadman, Kirby

Offline LemonMallie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: BC Death - Charles Kirby Waite
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 January 08 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda,

I am going to the Vancouver library today so I'll take a look for you.

Regards,
Lynwen
Malandain/Mallandain/Mallandaine/Malllindine - anywhere and everywhere
Corson/Causon - Gloucestershire
Nicholas - Pembrokeshire
Clark - Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire

Offline LemonMallie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 January 08 02:33 GMT (UK) »
Linda - I am heading back to the library this weekend so I'll look up the other two indexes and PM the details - and sort out how to get the hard copies to you.

Lynwen
Malandain/Mallandain/Mallandaine/Malllindine - anywhere and everywhere
Corson/Causon - Gloucestershire
Nicholas - Pembrokeshire
Clark - Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire

Offline waiteforme

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Oh My God, Linda......I Googled my grandfathers name today and came up with your message.  Have now joined this site.....(had to look to see what it was again) so I could contact you!  Who are you?  Why are you interested in my grandfather?  And yes, he was born in India under Colonial rule.  But don't get too excited.....I never met him, only my Grandmother and not that often.  Definitely want to know more, tho.....looking forward to hearing from you privately!!!
Darn....I just looked at a picture of my grandparent's holding my Dad, and my printer broke down today, so can't scan it to send it!
Later.......
J

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 17 February 11 01:26 GMT (UK) »
The LDS beta site has partial transcriptions of BC death registrations that include the names of parents if they are listed. For Charles Kirby Waite it says he was born in India and his mother's surname was Kirby but no other details. I doubt the actual registration will have their names if the transcript doesn't.

waiteforme, you'll need to make two more posts before you can use the PM system here.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 17 February 11 02:27 GMT (UK) »
If you would like a transcription of the BC death registration, I can do the look up and transcription of the document.  It could be 3 to 4 weeks though. 

You'll probably be in contact with Linda by that time so may not need the info from the death reg.  Just post on here if you would like the look up.

Susan

Offline waiteforme

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 17 February 11 06:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jacquie and Susano......thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly.  I hardly know what to say.......this is my first real attempt to look into my Dads family history.  My Mom's family was from Russia, and I know it's almost impossible to track those records......so I just sort of gave up on the whole track the family roots thing.  But somewhere in my memory I remembered my Dad telling me that my grandfather or great grandfather was a Pinkerton agent......so I started looking into ways to see if that was true. 
I don't know what the PM system is that I will need 2 posts to use.....but hopefully this is one of them! J.

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 17 February 11 06:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi waiteforme

A PM is a personal (private) message to exchange email addresses, personal information, info about living relatives, etc.  To send a PM, click on the the green scroll under the name of the Rootschatter you are wanting to contact and a window will open up (much like an email) and you can type your message and send.  The recipient will be notified that he/she has a personal message.

If you respond to this post, you will have your 3 postings and can send waiteohman a personal message.

Welcome to Rootschat, by the way!!  It is a great site with lots of very knowledgeable researchers who love to help.

Susan

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 18 February 11 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello J

Your grandfather and my ggrandfather were brothers. I do have birth information for your grandfather which lists his parents as William John Waite and Louisa. He was baptised in  Calicut, Madras, India. The B.C. death only lists mothers maiden name as Kirby and father not known by informant. Their father was in the military and stationed in many places, children born all over the U.K. as well as your gg in India. Once you make another message on rootschat you can P.M. and I can give you further details.

Linda
Dorman, Waite, Moore, Clark/Clarke, Neil, Rennie/Rainey, Brown, Mclean, Day, Millar/Miller, Gunion/Gunzion, Thomson, Black, Milvain, McCubbin, Steadman, Kirby