Author Topic: BC Death - Charles Kirby Waite  (Read 4130 times)

Offline waiteforme

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BC Death - Charles Kirby Waite
« Reply #9 on: Monday 21 February 11 05:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello!  So exciting to hear from you.  So we are........what......3rd cousins???  Wow......that's amazing.  On my father's side the only family left are 3 cousins spread all over the continent, and we've sort of lost touch.  None of them was named Waite as they were my father's sister's children. The family got smaller and smaller.   But I think my grandfather had 13 brothers and 3 sisters!  Is that your information as well?  I also know that one of his brothers went to South Africa where he ended up owning diamond mines, and I always jokingly chided my father for losing touch with that branch of the family!!!!
Charles Kirby Waite married Gladys Brown, from Yorkshire, England.  I started this exploration trying to find out if it was true that he was a Pinkerton Agent, and would welcome any ideas on how to pursue that information.  Thanks to everyone!  Talk to you soon, Linda!

Offline Furball007

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 October 11 19:05 BST (UK) »
Hi there, looks like Linda and I might be first cousins - her father I think was my uncle.  So your father would have been my grandfather's brother - my grandfather being Durban Kirby Waite - just trying to get a few more details about him.  I live in Oakville - but interestingly enough I grew up in BC a little bit as my mom Nancy Louise Victoria Waite (Durban's daughter) loved it out there.  So we lived in White Rock for awhile and moved back to Ontario.

If you have any more details on the Waite family would be appreciated.  Unfortunately my mom is now gone but here I am and my siblings are still all alive. 

Thanks Ruth (nancy's daughter)

Offline waiteforme

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 October 11 08:02 BST (UK) »
Hi, Ruth......thank you so much for getting in touch with me.  I haven't been on rootschat for months, so good to keep it on my 'to do' list.
My father, Charles Donald Kirby Waite, only had one brother, Peter Waite.  He was disabled since he was a child, and lived with my grandmother Gladys Brown Waite, on Alberni Street in Vancouver, until his death in the early 60s.  (btw, I live in Port Alberni, and so did my parents from 1980 until their deaths; Dad's in 1999). 
My Dad had two sisters, both deceased ~Eva Waite Suleyma, who died childless in 2000; and Jeanine Waite Stewart, who died in 1997ish.  She had 2 daughters & a son. 
Your grandfather might have been one of my grandfather's brothers~I think he had 13, and 3 sisters. (!!)  My Dad talked about an uncle who lived in South Africa.  My grandfather, Charles Kirby Waite  died in 1940, at 48.   I heard that he was involved with the Pinkertons, and tried to investigate that but nada.  running out of room......let's talk again.....Janis (tried to send pic, file too big)