Author Topic: Can Rootschat help Olive ARCHER of Swindon Wiltshire?  (Read 4020 times)

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
Re: Can Rootschat help Olive ARCHER of Swindon Wiltshire?
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 05 January 08 09:43 GMT (UK) »
What a touching story.  Thank you, hiraeth and others, for working on this so that Olive may have someone at her sendoff!  Particularly sad that she seems to have loved life when she was young, and had such a lonely end to her life.

There was an old man here who died alone in his unit and wasn't even found for a couple of weeks.  It is one of the saddest things...

MarieC
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 05 January 08 18:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone

I received this email from Rev Lonsdale today:

I am happy to report that some family members have now come forward, which is wonderful news - the media coverage has worked.   I shall forward your information onto the family, when I have an email address, as I am sure that they may not be aware of the earlier details.

Moderator comment: with Hiraeth's agreement we have decided to lock this topic now.  Thanks to all who contributed and may Olive rest in peace.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
OLIVE ARCHER UPDATE
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 09 January 08 05:17 GMT (UK) »
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lydart

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 09 January 08 11:13 GMT (UK) »
As a minister who visits a nursing home on a regular basis, can I put in a plea for people to VISIT the elderly who are too often 'ware-housed' in homes; 'waiting for God' as someone once called it.

If you have an elderly, however distant, relative ... go and visit !   If someone from near your home has been moved into care ... go and visit !   People visiting for half an hour and just chatting, and above all LISTENING, is so important to the elderly ... and there's a good chance you'll enjoy it too !

Moderator comment: topic locked (again - oops!)  Thanks for your contributions to the search
Dorset/Wilts/Hants: Trowbridge Williams Sturney/Sturmey Prince Foyle/Foil Hoare Vincent Fripp/Frypp Triggle/Trygel Adams Hibige/Hibditch Riggs White Angel Cake 
C'wall/Devon/France/CANADA (Barkerville, B.C.): Pomeroy/Pomerai/Pomroy
Som'set: Clark(e) Fry
Durham: Law(e)
London: Hanham Poplett
Lancs/Cheshire/CANADA (Kelowna, B.C. & Sask): Stubbs Walmesley

WRITE LETTERS FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS TO TREASURE ... EMAILS DISAPPEAR !

Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk