Author Topic: benjamin clark(e) b c 1815 Kimbolton  (Read 3532 times)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
benjamin clark(e) b c 1815 Kimbolton
« on: Wednesday 09 January 08 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Any help at all please with this brick wall. Benjamins wife was Catherine? and he had 4 children Charles b 1840, Adelaide 1845, Eustace 1847 and Heber 1852. He was a schoolmaster, all this from the census'
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: benjamin clark(e) b c 1815 Kimbolton
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 January 08 21:55 GMT (UK) »
For anyone else looking  Catherine was also born in Kimbolton, as were the children. So on the face they should have married in Kimbolton. But I can't see a marriage on the BVRI which covers post 1837, nor on Hunts Marriage Index which goes up to 1837. I'm still looking

If you get a copy of the birth certificate of one of the children (assuming their births were registered) you will get the mother's maiden name.

David

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 January 08 09:15 GMT (UK) »
Still nothing! Your best bet is to get the birth cert of one of the children - Eustace's birth was registered in the Dec quarter 1845 per FreeBMD. Is his middle name of Carey a clue?

In 1841 a Thomas Armsby was living with them. There were other Armsbys living in Kimbolton. Might he have been Catherine's brother? (The IGI has an extracted birth on 3 May 1816 of Catherine Armsby daughter of Richard Armsby and Deborah Croxton taken from the records of The Dissenting Meeting House-Baptist, Kimbolton)

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 January 08 14:06 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for all your hard work David, I was hoping someone would have him in their tree but I suppose that is too easy. I found the catherine Armsby baptism thankyou again.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley