Author Topic: Capel Curig graveyard  (Read 7703 times)

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Capel Curig graveyard
« Reply #9 on: Monday 21 January 08 16:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Harvey
why do you give an option for husbands?..... Of course perhaps mother Ann was working in the hotel at that time.

The record of the 1903 marriage is for two couples on the same page - unable to tell who married who without obtaining the certificate or verifying through census which is not available yet ;)

It appears from the census record that Ann was working at the hotel.   If you would like me to send you the image please advise your email by personal message.

Sorry but I can't help you with your other questions!

Heather
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 November 11 17:34 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone identify this place please?  I was sent this some years ago as capel-curig-graveyard.

Thanks Jill
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline Patuki

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 18 January 13 20:44 GMT (UK) »
yes, it it St Julitta Church, Capel Curig from the back

Offline Donnajj

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 19 February 19 20:30 GMT (UK) »
I know this is a very old post but the Pinches family are on my family tree. Ann Maria Pinches nee Phipps, parents Robert Phipps and Ann Harvey Sealy. She lived in Coates Gloucestershire and Kemble, she married Thomas Pinches 1887 Knighton Radfordshire. They went to New Jersey USA and had frank Brian and Clara Elizabeth. Thomas died and Ann Maria came back and worked at Cobden hotel. Frank Brian Pinches died in Capel Curig in 1901, he was a cripple from birth. Clara Elizabeth was in Rodmarton Glos 1901 with grandparents (Phipps). She was in Siddington Glos 1911 still with her grandparents. Ann Maria married again in 1903 to James Ramskill. They had 3 kids and adopted her granddaughter Dorothy May Pinches as her own.