Author Topic: fallon family  (Read 5228 times)

Offline anne jane

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
fallon family
« on: Sunday 28 March 04 22:07 BST (UK) »
Looking for information on Patrick Falloon or Fallon who married Sarah Hamilton on 5th June 1846 in the parish of Raphoe Co Donegal.

They came to Scotland around 1850 and settled in the parish of Glengarnock Ayrshire

Janie McAreavey
meehan, hughes, falloon, mctague, connelly, clark, kazlaukas,johnstone, mcguigan, fenton, mcneil,shaw, thomson

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: fallon family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 December 04 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janie

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Searching241

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information
    • View Profile
Re: fallon family
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 May 16 22:14 BST (UK) »
I might be able to help you a little bit,

Im aware that my grandmother Martha Hay Glass of glengarnock had a cousin called bessie falloon/fallon who was of irish descent same as my family. I can recall meeting her when I was a child. My grandmother also referred to the "hamiltons" as cousins. I knew margaret Hamilton,

I rather suspect Bessie was a cousin on the "Hay" side of the family (mothers) rather than the "glass" side.  I also suspect she was a second cousin. Anyway, she married a man with the surname "Hall" whom my father always said were "cousins".  At least one of them should still be around.  They all lived in Beith. Glengarnock is split into four parishes so when checking records its important you follow up links for beith  kilbirnie dalry and barkip as well as the  parish of glengarnock.

I am aware of another Fallon family who are catholic living in the area, but I really dont feel you are referring to catholic families here as my family were all very very staunchly presbyterian at that time.

Hope that helps a bit.

Joseph

McTaggart, Brisco, Warnock, Aikman, Glass, Hay, Loughran