Author Topic: JAMES HARVEY>1860 > Guernsey  (Read 1192 times)

Offline mo-jo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
JAMES HARVEY>1860 > Guernsey
« on: Friday 18 January 08 01:29 GMT (UK) »
Could some help me find my ancestor JAMES HARVEY c1852  mariner, who married and then stayed in Liverpool from around 1870? He is on later census forms as being  from Guernsey CI, but i have no idea how to find him his family or his birth cert. i think he would still be on the island in 1860 but can't find him as i don't know his fathers name...any help welcome thanks in advance....mo-jo
Foy(ireland)
hogan(ireland)
Salter(ireland)
Tougher(ireland)
Conroy(ireland)
Nolan(scotland & ireland)
Gillon(scotland)
Sheilds(Ireland)
Aird(scotland)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: JAMES HARVEY>1860 > Guernsey
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 January 08 08:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi mo-jo

Please could you give more details about what you already know?
Is he the James with Alice in the 1881 census?  You probably need to find their marriage first and get the certificate to find his father's name and occupation, as I can't see him the earlier census in Guernsey (he may be away at sea in 1871) and those details would help to find him in 1861.

To help find the marriage you may first need to get one of the children's birth certificates, to find out his wife's maiden name, unless you already know that.

Barbara
 :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline mo-jo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JAMES HARVEY>1860 > Guernsey
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 January 08 19:09 GMT (UK) »
You know Barbara, i think you are right, :-[ i just got so excited to find some people who knew Guernsey that i forgot to start at the end and  go backwards, ::)  i will send for the marraige cert, i have the details, i'll post back on here in a couple of weeks....thanks for your time ;)best wishes......

mo-jo.

Foy(ireland)
hogan(ireland)
Salter(ireland)
Tougher(ireland)
Conroy(ireland)
Nolan(scotland & ireland)
Gillon(scotland)
Sheilds(Ireland)
Aird(scotland)