Author Topic: New Plymouth - early records ? COMPLETED  (Read 8666 times)

Offline lil growler

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: New Plymouth - early records ?
« Reply #27 on: Monday 03 March 08 05:27 GMT (UK) »
and again
Ireland, Scotland , England, America, Australia, New Zealand

Offline lil growler

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 03 March 08 05:52 GMT (UK) »
It seems the URL I gave you for photographs is incorrect :) If you are interested click on this link http://www.pukeariki.com/en/  enter Collection Pages then scroll down to Pictorial, under the heading Department I have entered Photographs, the under the heading Brief Description I have New Plymouth
when you go into the next screen click on the name or unknown that is next to the heading Primary Maker.

I haven't as yet found any shipping lists leaving New Plymouth for England , still searching.

Regards

lil

Offline lil growler

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 04 March 08 07:44 GMT (UK) »
hi again

I have heard back from the librarian at the Nelson Public Library, she has looked and hasn't found any records for Elizabeth or possible children so she has advised me to contact the Nelson Provincial Museum Library as they have shipping lists, directories, etc,  there. I have sent off an email.

I managed to get back to the library today :) Would you believe the list of names I mentioned for woman etc being evacuated to Nelson has gone walkabout, Grrrrrr. The staff think it's been read by some else and put back in the wrong place :( Anyway they will contact me if/when it turns up. What I do have is a photocopy of the original documentation listing passengers on the "Amelia Thompson" and the "Timandra", I've only copied the pages mentioning Dalby and Pilcher.

I think this is about all the information we will get on Henry, at the library. I only need to check the passenger lists to England for Elizabeth.

Next option is...... the New Plymouth Genealogy Society.

Regards

lil

Offline lil growler

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 05 March 08 07:17 GMT (UK) »
Amelia Thompson

Offline lil growler

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 05 March 08 07:29 GMT (UK) »
Amelia Thompson continued

Offline lil growler

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 05 March 08 07:33 GMT (UK) »
Timandra

Offline silicondale

• RootsChat Veteran
  • ggg-grandad William Vine
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 06 March 08 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Lil - sorry you've had a week's silence from me. Been away on business in far-eastern Russia and way beyond Internet contact. You really have done an amazing amount of digging! I don't know how to thank you for all this.
Just one thing though - for some reason I can't get a legible copy of the graphics. I don't know if rootschat limits the resolution available, but nothing I do seems to be able to improve it when downloading the images.
- Steve
Henley (Brighton 1820+, Bedfordshire pre-1840),  Vine, Button, Bradford, Bodle (Sussex), Willey (Sheffield, London), Nattriss (London), Wood, Jones, Blaker, Shrimpton (London), Dalby (London 1800+, E.Yorkshire pre-1810), Hillmann, von Thun (London and Hannover)

Offline lil growler

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 06 March 08 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve

Your welcome. Hope it wasn't all business in Russia and you were able to have a look around as well.  If you would like too, send me your email by PM and I'll send through the pictures to you. Some of them weren't the greatest to start with, although mostly readable, I'll send them full size , see how that turns out.

Regards
lil

Offline lil growler

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 07 March 08 06:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Again

I have heard back from the Nelson Provincial Museum Library. The lady I was in contact with checked the index for the Colonist Newspaper shipping column 1857-1870 and 1857-1864 without finding any Dalby entries. Also she checked the Ships and Passenger to Nelson 1845 - 1879 index and there was only one Dalby entry and that was for Mr Dalby aboard the Zingari from Wellington to Nelson 27:6: 1855.
I wonder if this the same Mr Dalby that travelled from Nelson to New Plymouth not long after Henry's death.

lil