Author Topic: Holyoake of Great Glen  (Read 1297 times)

Offline kapajoy51

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Holyoake of Great Glen
« on: Saturday 19 January 08 20:07 GMT (UK) »
I'm a bit stuck on this on if anyone can help I would be grateful.
I have a William Holyoake b Abt. 1666 Great Glen and he married a Mary Fox in 1686, I have here a Catherine as William's mother and I think Thomas is the father, wonder if anyone out there would know what the Catherine's maiden name could be.
Cairns, Gale, Hawes, Holyoake, Joynes, Major, Moss, Portlock, Turner, Wilkins, Young

Offline gah

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Holyoake of Great Glen
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 January 08 10:29 GMT (UK) »
 Hi there ,
                 I have looked on the c.d i have for Leicester that covers Gt Glen and other surrounding area's , and despite looking 3 times cannot find a William Holyoake christened in Gt Glenn , neither can i find Mary Fox marrying William in the year's you give , are you sure you have the right date ? i have looked on Family search and have found the details you give , is this where your information comes from ?
         I will take a look again this time a couple of years apart from the dates you give , did your Holyoake's live in GT Glen , do you have census details for them , if not i will take a look at my other c.d for the area se what i can find on them ,
                                  gah

p.s.  I'm a Holyoak but have been unable to get past my gtgtgt grandfather brn in 1806 , he was brn in Kibworth more or less the next villiage to Gt Glen and despite there been a lot of Holyoak , Holyoake 's i cannot seem to find a connection between him and the other family's !!!!!!!!!