Author Topic: Venables Family  (Read 875 times)

Offline Rashcalion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Venables Family
« on: Monday 21 January 08 21:41 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for a John Venables, a Farmer from the Chester area.  He had two sons, George b.1818 and John b.1820 both born in Chester.  John married a Mary Archbutt Harris b. 1828 and ended up being a School Master and School Principal in Hammersmith. 

unfortuately I don't know what church they were baptised in in Chester.  I am miles away from Chester, is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction. 

My Client is a lovely 80 year old Venables and not computer wise, so I am trying to help him out.

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Venables Family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 January 08 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Don't know if you have looked on the Family search I.G.I. Are the birth dates correct for John & George and where did you get them from.On the I.G.I. i found a John Sutton Vernables
(no Source) C 25th May 1817 Sandbach  Father John Vernables mother Sarah but i cant find George. Do you have any idea what religion they might have been, that sometimes helps to whittle a search down.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline Rashcalion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Venables Family
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 February 08 15:35 GMT (UK) »
I have tried the IGI with no luck.  The birth dates were given to my by my client which may, of course, by in correct.  However all the census entries show the John in question born 1820 in Chester - In the census returns, it shows him as moving to Ware in Hertfordshire where some of his children were born and then to Hammersmith where he was a school master.  All this information is correct and can be collaborated by the family.  I therefore have to assume that the birth dates are correct.  Also his marriage certificate shows the correct age and his father also John and a Farmer.

I show carry on the struggle, I am sure I will find something out eventually.

Thanks for your advice

Sarah