Author Topic: census look up for Derry  (Read 692 times)

Offline derryphilip

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
census look up for Derry
« on: Thursday 06 January 05 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Can any one help me I am looking for a Barnaby Derry born in the norfolk area around 1819 he then moved to Lincolnshire and married and went on to have 6 children, his occupation is down as a hawker. Any ideas what this 2would involve.

Any help would be great

Vanessa
Derry/ Dury/Deary Louth/ Spalding/ Norfolk also Yelland isle of wight

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: census look up for Derry
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 January 05 19:52 GMT (UK) »
I checked the 1851 index but no Barnaby Derry.

If you get more information on places etc I can check other things for you.

A hawker was a salesman, selling in the street, from a barrow or something similar.  I am sure that if you put it in a search engine with "work street victorian"  or something like that, you will get a difinitive answer.

Teddybear
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline derryphilip

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 January 05 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Teddybear

Sorry at the moment that is all the information i have as i have only just found him. Just a possible link to the family but need to do some more digging.

Thank you

Vanessa

Offline derryphilip

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 January 05 09:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Teddybear,

Just found out he could be down as a barnett Derry, or even Dury/ Deary.

Amazing how the names can get changed when the census's are written down and some times they can be so hard to read.

Thanks for your help

Vanessa

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 January 05 10:44 GMT (UK) »
No, sorry.

But there was a Banabas Deary born circa 1775 in Dowle Aberdeenshire who was a pauper living in Aylsham Workhouse.

Could be worth you putting that in your file for later.

Teddybear
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline derryphilip

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 12 January 05 15:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that Teddybear, willput him at the back of my file just in case you never know.

Vanessa